• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

So, the Forum has spoken....

Who's in charge of Plymouth? They seem to be having a very good season but they're another that I have seen nothing of so know nothing of how they're achieving it.

Derek Adams, formerly of Ross County.

I suppose Nigel Clough may enter the reckoning but perhaps it would count against him that in the same way as Ken, he seemed to take his clubs so far and then get stuck.

I liked what I heard of Murphy last summer doing radio work for the World Cup, it's some gamble to see if he can carry that sense onto the training ground though with no previous experience, not that i'm aware of anyway.

Let him delegate the training ground work (Rob Edwards) and let him focus on matchday strategy and bang on team selection.

Danny Murphy talking pre season.

"A few weeks ago I did have a chat with Brendan about the possibility of maybe working with him and the club again but it didn't quite materialise," Murphy said in an exclusive audioBoom podcast published on Express.co.uk.

"It was actually an honour to be thought of by him, being in his company for a few hours was great, he was very impressive and as we know Gary McAllister got that job, who is a friend of mine and is a very bright and experienced coach.

"He's a good guy and I wish him all the best, and the club all the best but it was nice to be thought of.

"For me in terms of that, I enjoy the media stuff with the BBC and on the radio, and ideally I would like to get back involved (in the game) but I'm not closing any doors because you never know.

"It's that family balance but if the right job comes along you have to seriously consider it."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...rs-approached-Danny-Murphy-over-coaching-role

Edinburgh or Smith seem the best lower league shouts unless you want to take a punt on JFH. He'd certainly put his arm round Afobe and sort him out. Pearson and Lambert have done what we require - got a team out of the Championship. Pearson may well eat babies for breakfast but he knows what's required in Championship. Rowett obviously - first 46 games with Blues brought 76 points, with a squad nowhere near as talented as ours. There are plenty of viable alternatives and presumably none of them see Grant Holt as someone to play in the hole...
And obviously Mark Warburton if HMRC decide to close down Rangers

Without wishing to be pedantic, the forum has typed rather than spoken :)

How many wanted Kenny to go, after we beat Birmingham?

You do realise people don't just want him sacked because we lost last night? Given that it's been explained in depth by more than one person on more than one thread in the last 18 hours or so.

Let him delegate the training ground work (Rob Edwards) and let him focus on matchday strategy and bang on team selection.

That's still a gamble, having the ability to sit and analyse a game from a TV studio doesn't mean he's going to be a success in the dugout, even if you take a lot of training ground work away from him he still needs to be able to convey his ideas to the players, either through the coaches in training or when it comes to matchday tactics.

Some just haven't got what it takes to lead people, despite having the knowledge required.

That's still a gamble, having the ability to sit and analyse a game from a TV studio doesn't mean he's going to be a success in the dugout, even if you take a lot of training ground work away from him he still needs to be able to convey his ideas to the players, either through the coaches in training or when it comes to matchday tactics.

Some just haven't got what it takes to lead people, despite having the knowledge required.

Exhibit A: Roy Keane. Won everything as a player at club level, fantastic on pitch leader, loads of respect and connections in the game, comes across quite tactically switched on when he's doing TV work, cannot manage people at all so he fails.

Pearon's a nob, I'd rather we didn't sell our soul for success. We may as well appoint Malky Mackay if success in champ is the only ambition.

Glorious return to football for old floppychops!*

Are his knees fixed?

*Just so we're clear, this is a joke. I'd give up entirely if he appeared at Molineux. Not that he would, as we aren't in Landan. Obvs.

If the melted candle pitched up anywhere near our home dugout I would probably stop going.

Fuck no. Please. Biggest twat in football. Hopefully we are too far north for him.

Same goes for Sherwood too.

He won't surface at this level again, he brazenly could not have given one single fuck when he was at QPR in this league.

Pearson is on my no list because he's a proper weirdo. I have had my fill of deeply strange Wolves managers.

70% of the forum or 70% of those who voted?

Pearson, Warburton, Rowett or Lambert (the Norwich version not the Villa one) would be on my shortlist

Pearson, Warburton, Rowett or Lambert (the Norwich version not the Villa one) would be on my shortlist

I'd go along with those, with Rowett being the stand out candidate. I do think that Lambert is a decent manager who just lost his way at Villa.

Can't stand Danny Murphy.

Never understood what happened to lambert at villa - his Norwich side played fantastic pass and move football.

Never understood what happened to lambert at villa - his Norwich side played fantastic pass and move football.

Seemed to do a "Mick" and started to worry about not losing at all costs and set up for that.

Back