• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton 1-2 Wolves. Verdict Thread

Didn’t we do the same last season at Saints? Played awful first half then changed formation to get the forwards closer together and won 3-2?

my worry is that we didn’t do that again afterwards so Nuno probably won’t change anything next game from the start.
weren't that bad in the first half last year, though we were two nil down. We went a lot more direct, got traore and Neto closer to Raul and had a similar turnaround

It's not supposedly sexist, it is sexist.
Ironically I think Karen Carney is a great pundit and refreshingly honest said we were garbage first half and she was right! Then had the good humour to claim the players much have heard her hence the turnaround!

Carney isn't a terrible pundit. She's usually spot on with her observations and clearly does a bit of research on players/teams. She called everything right today apart from the handball stuff, but so was everyone else.

She did a great piece on the difference between Doc/Semedo link up with Traore. And then she said we needed to get players closer to Jose. Both turned out to be true because once Traore moved that opened up space for Semedo, and the two wide players playing narrower worked too.

Commentary is a different issue, she's a bit bland on that but then again so are lots of people.

So many of you guys can call each other all sorts of names in arguments, but i say i don't like female pundits and thats not acceptable.
Free speech ?????

A wide front 3 in a 343 doesn't work, and it hasn't worked since our first season back.

I think a wide front 3 in a 4231 would work because we'd have the extra presence from the 10.

Traores most effective position is that insight forward position on either flank

So many of you guys can call each other all sorts of names in arguments, but i say i don't like female pundits and thats not acceptable.
Free speech ?????
No because you are generalising based on gender. You said you didn't want ANY female pundits.

You have free speech. That isn't an issue. "Freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences".

Neto for "Goal of the Month" on match of the day maybe ? Nah ! i think on there we dont fucking exist in the Premier league. Its all Man City, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, the blinkered bastards.

Can someone explain to me why we are consistently so awful in the first half of games? Please? It makes no sense to me. That first half was one of the worst halves of football I've seen from any side this season and it beats a handful of other Wolves performances to win that honour. We are desperately poor in 99% of first halves, I don't get it.

2nd half today is what we need to see from now on, totally different level of performance.

I quite liked Jose at first but he's got worse with each game. I can understand it to an extent when we're under the cosh but we dominated that second half and he wasn't in it. At least we get some effort from Fabio.
Apart from the chest down for Neves to play the ball to Neto to score.

Last edited:
No because you are generalising based on gender. You said you didn't want ANY female pundits.

You have free speech. That isn't an issue.
So if i say I don't like any male pundits, what then ???

Ironically I think Karen Carney is a great pundit and refreshingly honest said we were garbage first half and she was right! Then had the good humour to claim the players much have heard her hence the turnaround!
Her pre-match analysis was abysmal. Even proving her own point wrong.

Only Jenas is worse.

So if i say I don't like any male pundits, what then ???
You don't like women pundits, fine. Dont like Karen Carney, fine. I don't think she's brilliant either. Dont post what you did about 'let men pundit' etc..

Want a discussion on it, drop me a PM. Not being discussed on here any further

Carney isn't a terrible pundit. She's usually spot on with her observations and clearly does a bit of research on players/teams. She called everything right today apart from the handball stuff, but so was everyone else.

She did a great piece on the difference between Doc/Semedo link up with Traore. And then she said we needed to get players closer to Jose. Both turned out to be true because once Traore moved that opened up space for Semedo, and the two wide players playing narrower worked too.

Commentary is a different issue, she's a bit bland on that but then again so are lots of people.
She was wrong on that piece completely. I was surprised how bad it was tactically.

Back