• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (A) Premier League Match Build Up/Match Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have such attacking and creative talent in this squad, I just hope Nuno can use the rest of the season to try and find a way to unlock it
Play the right players in the right positions would be a start!
If we win today it still won’t make up for Thursday. It’s been another shit week for wolves all on all.

Play the right players in the right positions would be a start!
If we win today it still won’t make up for Thursday. It’s been another shit week for wolves all on all.

I agree the cup result was disappointing but you have to look forward mate. Today is another day (to misquote Vivien Leigh)!

I don't think those EFL trophy goals count as thats not classed as the senior team is it ?
I’m sure they still count as goals though and they were against a senior team, albeit further down the pyramid.

Point stands that he can score, but the rest of his game isn’t ready.

So I've tried to put Thursdays debarcle out of my mind (and all the resulting fallout), its gone and time to look forward. Pick the right team and get back to at least the kind of performance as Leicester, lets not forget we we played pretty well in that game, would prefer a more attacking set up but if we play the same system and a similar perfirmance, I'll be happy.
The next 4 games are all winnable, of course we might not win any of them but personally I think 5 points from them isn't unrealistic.

Will be VERY interesting to see Nunos approach to this game, hopefully we will give it a go offensively for once

I suppose the wider point is that if you broadly speaking want expansive, attacking football, then you don't want Nuno as your manager. Because we've never done that, not even in the Championship.

Say you want him to go in that case. We can go and get I dunno, Owen Coyle and his magic shorts.

I'm quite interested to know exactly how many chances Silva has had.......no I really am. I read a stat, I think end of last season which showed Raul had the worst conversion rate of chances to goals of any of the top strikers in the league.......and thats not a criticism of Raul, love the guy, can't wait till he's back and fit.
I recon probably 6 really good chances top draw chances, not including the Pen.

Goal V WBA
Shot saved V Leicester
Miss Kick V WBA
Header V Spurs.

Possibly 6 or 7 half chances.
Shots against Villa, Southampton, Leicester (Not the one on one)

Can anyone remember any more?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how we instantly leap to Owen Coyle or wanting Nuno sacked.

I know that everyone likes being contrary, but surely no-one enjoys us having such frustrating and ineffective forward play? It's truly painful to watch

Nuno is no swashbuckler but his Wolves teams, while never being free-scoring, have at least won games, punished teams and carried a serious (mainly counter) attacking threat.

It's not too much to ask to want some of that again

Should have buried his header vs Spurs.

TWF favourite Otasowie missed an even easier one vs Brighton, hasn't kicked a ball since but gets put in every suggested team.

Go figure.

All i ask for is a win today. I dreamt that we lost 3-2 last night, yes we actually scored 2. Or was it a nightmare ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back