• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (H) 23/11 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno didn’t seem his usual self in that interview. Seemed down. Hope he’s alright.

What I should have said was that without Donk in midfield I feel Neves and Moutinho are too easily dominated as a pair in a 3-4-3

Hopefully such fears are unfounded. Could certainly do with the front three clicking tonight
Not sure I agree with that. Donck mostly vacates CM (under instruction) anyway which has its positives and has its negatives. Two deeper midfielders often keeps us more solid but limits us in an attacking fashion, particularly if the forwards and WBs don’t get in the box. Hopefully that isnt the case today.

We play a low block anyway with little pressure and allow possession to the opposition so a “Kante” type isn’t needed.

Spiers has said that Coady is in an executive box at Molineux tonight - so he’s clearly not self isolating now. Must have been Nuno’s choice to leave him out.

I'm gonna take Nuno's word on this one.

Look out, we are playing a back four!

Bit risky tinkering with our entire template just because we're missing one player?

Any change is a risk. Clearly Nuno has faith in the players to adapt.

Fiuuuuuuuuuuck. How’s he saved that!

Poor Donck can't buy a goal this season.

Any change is a risk. Clearly Nuno has faith in the players to adapt.
I mean... these two sentences just negate questioning of anything the manager does then?

I hope it works myself, but it seems quite an extreme change?

This system suits every player. The only question marks would be whether the defenders have enough ability.

Working out okay so far. Has cleared up the issue of always being second to every 50/50, at least in this early stage.

I mean... these two sentences just negate questioning of anything the manager does then?

I hope it works myself, but it seems quite an extreme change?
You can work out the questioning of the decision after the match, ay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back