• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (H) 23/11 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why Ait Nouri stops and goes backwards so much - his dribbling and crossing is a big strength for him

Good tackle by Max then.

We're getting a few more bodies forward it seems

Boly is definitely right footed, so we've just done what we used too with Saiss and Neves in midfield in the championship.
Is he? Thought he was a lefty.

Can we have last seasons Traore back please?
We’re so slow at giving him the ball that the only space he has is a two yard strip along the side with three players to beat - we need to move the ball faster to get much from him, give him space to run at.

We do but he also doesn’t help himself by standing on the touch line permanently and always heading to the byline. He just seems slower and more hesitant too.

Better from Adama there.

This is poor - the centre backs are passing back to Rui who humps it back to Southampton., we’re moving the ball slowly, being pressed and going backwards.

going forwards, Donk is running around but not getting near anyone, moutinho is non existent and I’m not sure Pod is playing. Adama and Raul not in the game either.

we need to sharpen up.

They’ve settled better I think, the midfield isn’t creating enough cover for the back 4 at the minute

We look a bit like we're making it up as we go along rather than imposing a defined way of playing on the opposition. Still relying on a wonder cross or wonder long range shot to get on the scoresheet

They are passing it about nicely, we are giving it away nicely. No creativity in midfield ball goes back to defenders, back to Patricio, belt it up field. Neto on for Traore at half time please.

Reactions: b3h
They’ve cut us open a few times. Slightly concerning.
Boly seems to be a yard or 2 forward of where kilman is and they've played a couple of passes behind boly, might be tactical or could just be used to having cover all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back