• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (H) 23/11 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go. Sky close up on Coads.

Nuno lies. Stop the press.

Coady is there. Weird for Nuno to get that wrong.

Adama not on the same wavelength as the others. Lovely little dummy by Raul but Adama just doesn’t expect it.

Coady is there. Weird for Nuno to get that wrong.
I think Nuno just meant he's been isolating at home. But got permission to attend with a negative test.

Interesting that kilman is on the right of the 2 cb's, you don't usually get left footed centre backs there.

Interesting that kilman is on the right of the 2 cb's, you don't usually get left footed centre backs there.
You get right footed CBs on the left all the time. Not much to read into there.

There can't be many team who've played two left footed CBs in a two.

Yes but Kilman is on the right. If Boly does truly “favour the left” and Kilman is comfortable on the right then you’d have thought Kilman would have came into the RHS when he replaced Saiss and Boly moved back over.

its clearly a tactical approach in possession.

It is weird that Kilman and Boly are the opposite way round to what they would be in a back three.

That's usually down to having 2 right footed players though? I'm guessing it's to open up more passing angles, I think nuno tried it with saiss as right of the 3 one pre-season so clearly something he wants.

There can't be many team who've played two left footed CBs in a two.
I'd say that's down to there just being more right footed players in general than lefties, we just so happen to be in the rare case of our two best "pure" CBs both being the latter.

Boly is definitely right footed, so we've just done what we used too with Saiss and Neves in midfield in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back