• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (H) 3/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw part time Steve at the Athletic says Lage isn't in danger with a defeat. Upto the fans to change that if it becomes the case
It’s actually worth zero though. That guy just sits there pressing F5 on tweetdeck (does that still exist?).

They sing his name because they're trying to create some kind of atmosphere not through devotion to the guy. It's been getting noticeably quieter as his tenure has gone on as well.

If we lose tomorrow and someone starts a catchy anti-Bruno chant and the majority of the stand will be singing along.
Very, very much this. There's a lot of dis-satisfaction out there tbh.
Indeed in the Neves song, you can hear the entire crowd go quieter at the "bruno lages man" bit.

Three games in a week probably isn't good for Moutinho at his age, so give him a rest.

....................... Sa

Semedo Collins Kilman RAN

.............. Nunes Neves

.... Guedes Podence Neto

...................... Sasa

Hopefully Sasa gets his work permit through in time for tomorrow.

Three games in a week probably isn't good for Moutinho at his age, so give him a rest.

....................... Sa

Semedo Collins Kilman RAN

.............. Nunes Neves

.... Guedes Podence Neto

...................... Sasa

Hopefully Sasa gets his work permit through in time for tomorrow.
I'd go with that team although Neto couldn't complain if he went to the bench

I think it would be best to start with Raul and bring on Sasa from the bench.
This should give Raul an extra incentive to get the ball in the net.

I think it would be best to start with Raul and bring on Sasa from the bench.
This should give Raul an extra incentive to get the ball in the net.
The best incentive would be to tell him he's now fighting for his place, put him on the bench and tell him to give his all for 15-20 mins if and when he comes on.

Neto was easily the best of the front 3 on Wednesday
Podence and Traore did more in 15 mins than he did in 90. I didn’t see Newcastle, I think he's been ineffective offensively in the other 4. I'd still pick him tomorrow though

The best incentive would be to tell him he's now fighting for his place, put him on the bench and tell him to give his all for 15-20 mins if and when he comes on.
You've said what I have, except I'd start Raul instead of bringing him off the bench.

And against Newcastle too, not sure why he's getting stick.

Probably because it's not to the levels be can play at. I think he's been pretty ineffective compared to before, slows stuff down a lot more.

Seems to be loads of seats still available for this again. Don’t people want to see our first win of the season ?

Seems to be loads of seats still available for this again. Don’t people want to see our first win of the season ?
There's always loads of seats available in the days before a game. Apart from games against the top 3 or 4 big clubs.

Personally would have Podence right, Neto left and Guedes playing off the front man. As far as I know that's basically what Lage did at Benfica with Felix as the second striker?

We need more bodies/options in the box, if that means 4-4-fackin' 2 (or a variation thereof) then so be it.

I think (and @Lycan can confirm whether I'm talking bubbles or not) it was sort of 4-2-2-2 at Benfica.

Full backs pushed massively on. Two sitting midfielders. Four forwards floating around doing their bizzo.

However we are not a team that will win 85%+ of our games without trying so he can't do that.

Podence belongs on the left, or at worst behind the striker. Left side is where he played for Olympiacos and why we signed him.

I also think I prefer Neto on the right where he can cut inside and shoot. Guedes looks better on the right too IMO.

Remember I said before Bournemouth that we had to win? We need to win. I don't think we will but you have to hope, I suppose. I think he actually will go if we lose and don't score.

They looked handy vs Man Utd and Chelsea. They have issues but they're in much better shape than we are.

-----------------------------------Sa-------------------------

Semedo-------------Collins----------Kilman---------Ait-Nouri

-----------------Nunes------------Neves---------------------

------Adama-------------------Podence-------------Neto--------

------------------------------Kalajdzic---------------------------------

Maybe. I dunno. I don't like leaving Moutinho out, we never look as good without him.

Do not tell them to fucking hoof the ball all game Bruno, you dick.

2021/22: W 3-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: D 1-1 (H), W 2-1 (A), L 0-2 (H, FAC)
2019/20: D 1-1 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2018/19: W 2-0 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2017/18: W 2-0 (A, LC)
2008/9: W 3-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2007/8: D 2-2 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2006/7: L 0-6 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2005/6: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/4: L 1-4 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2002/3: L 0-2 (A, FAC)
That would be my team as well. I’d be at Starting Adama. Atleast he will run at players and not check back continuously

Podence belongs on the left, or at worst behind the striker. Left side is where he played for Olympiacos and why we signed him.

I also think I prefer Neto on the right where he can cut inside and shoot. Guedes looks better on the right too IMO.
Neto's goal against Soton away was when he was on the right, i prefer him there too.

I prefer Adama on the left as well, it just means they are all a bit closer together up top, and that we are more likely to get players in the box.

However i can't imagine we buy a 6ft7 striker and then invert our wingers, so i can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back