• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (H) 3/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Remember I said before Bournemouth that we had to win? We need to win. I don't think we will but you have to hope, I suppose. I think he actually will go if we lose and don't score.

They looked handy vs Man Utd and Chelsea. They have issues but they're in much better shape than we are.

-----------------------------------Sa-------------------------

Semedo-------------Collins----------Kilman---------Ait-Nouri

-----------------Nunes------------Neves---------------------

------Adama-------------------Podence-------------Neto--------

------------------------------Kalajdzic---------------------------------

Maybe. I dunno. I don't like leaving Moutinho out, we never look as good without him.

Do not tell them to fucking hoof the ball all game Bruno, you dick.

2021/22: W 3-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: D 1-1 (H), W 2-1 (A), L 0-2 (H, FAC)
2019/20: D 1-1 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2018/19: W 2-0 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2017/18: W 2-0 (A, LC)
2008/9: W 3-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2007/8: D 2-2 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2006/7: L 0-6 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2005/6: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/4: L 1-4 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2002/3: L 0-2 (A, FAC)

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if he starts the same 11 as yesterday, maybe Kalajdzik instead of Raul - but that signals the end of Raul as a starter. Pod has to come on at some point - he is the only one who seems to create anything or get in a scoring position.

Can't be having Adama, he's fucking shit.

Your team but with Guedes for the FIFA Street '12 player.
Agreed. Though Adama might work now we have a huge guy who can head the ball.

I'm very conficted about this game, I've never not wanted us to win a game and I'm not starting now but my concern is we finally gel and win, play well and Sasa gets a brace, which leads to us staying with Lage for another few games.
We have to start getting more out of Nunes, 4-2-3-1?

............................Sa
Semedo....Collins....Kilman....RAN
...............Neves.........Nunes
.....Neto........Podence.....Guedes
................. Sasa.

Probably a bit unfair to start Sasa in this one but if Raul was as bad as said then we have no choice. Also takes Raul out of the firing line.

I'm very conficted about this game, I've never not wanted us to win a game and I'm not starting now but my concern is we finally gel and win, play well and Sasa gets a brace, which leads to us staying with Lage for another few games.
We have to start getting more out of Nunes, 4-2-3-1?

............................Sa
Semedo....Collins....Kilman....RAN
...............Neves.........Nunes
.....Neto........Podence.....Guedes
................. Sasa.

Probably a bit unfair to start Sasa in this one but if Raul was as bad as said then we have no choice. Also takes Raul out of the firing line.
If Sasa looks dangerous that’s a great looking team!

With Lage’s Horseshoe of Doom in this one has 1-0 written all over it though.

Regardless of the team we put out it'll be the same slow passive bilge. Can't see us beating these, they actually look like a decent side this year. 2-0 Soton.

Not sure he can help Adama cross the ball any better!

Well we have the right player for a high back post cross after the defence has had time to get set now...

Adama isn't *that* bad a crosser. He's not Matt fucking Doherty.

He's erratic but if he puts in 20 a game then at least 6 will be decent.

The ones from the byline nearly always awful as he often runs himself out of room.

When he delivers from nearer the edge of the box on the run they are usually good, the Raul header for Liverpool for example.

Adama`s crosses too high for present striker.
Go out and buy a taller striker. Sorted!
Tactical genius our Bruno

But he does.

That's all he does. I don't think he's ever started a game and put in 5 crosses.

A side with Kalajdzic, Podence and Traore in it has a Syd Barrett feel about it. A new tactic to freak the fuck out of opposition teams. It's pure top trumps territory - just lacking a rotund Jan Molby type player in midfield.

Just had a dream we lost this 2-0 and Lage was sacked - make of that what you will!

We have had a good window and the squad is looking strong. I can see us getting something out of this game to be honest, Southampton are inconsistent. Fluke win to keep Lage going perhaps.

Fwiw part time Steve at the Athletic says Lage isn't in danger with a defeat. Upto the fans to change that if it becomes the case

Last edited:
Fwiw part time Steve at the Athetic says Lage isn't in danger with a defeat. Upto the fans to change that if it becomes the case
Seems pretty unlikely given the South Bank sing his name every match and the away fans are broadly accepting up until some minor grumbling Weds. I don’t get it personally but it seems like Bruno could take us down and the majority thought will be ‘why doesn’t Raul try harder, why are all our players rubbish, i just don’t understand’. :(

We simply cannot start with the same team as the last two matches - there are no goals in that team .

Adama is worth a start - can't do any worse .

4231......Neves and Nunes in the middle , Neto and Adama on either side of Guedes with Sasa the Saviour up front .

Southampton are better this season , but are no world beaters eithers .

Seems pretty unlikely given the South Bank sing his name every match and the away fans are broadly accepting up until some minor grumbling Weds. I don’t get it personally but it seems like Bruno could take us down and the majority thought will be ‘why doesn’t Raul try harder, why are all our players rubbish, i just don’t understand’. :(
They sing his name because they're trying to create some kind of atmosphere not through devotion to the guy. It's been getting noticeably quieter as his tenure has gone on as well.

If we lose tomorrow and someone starts a catchy anti-Bruno chant and the majority of the stand will be singing along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back