• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (H) 3/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting inside doesn't necessarily mean they don't cross the ball. Just means they are inswinging instead.

Harder for strikers to time there runs though I’d imagine maybe though? Although just because he’s 6ft 7 doesn’t mean are plan will be ‘out wide and cross’ necessarily

I prefer Neto on the right as well but he's looked much more effective on the left so far, IMO

What do you think?
I think it might work, Raul seems to prefer hanging back at the edge of the box rather than going near post these days. Better finisher than Podence and his link up play is generally good.

I think it might work, Raul seems to prefer hanging back at the edge of the box rather than going near post these days. Better finisher than Podence and his link up play is generally good.
Shouldn’t be an option IMO. His link up play is from being a main striker, not a number 10. Lacks the creativity/flair for a 10.

I’d be looking at playing Podence in the 10, although he frustrates a hell of a lot.

I mean, we did just sell the only actual #10 we had.

Podence is an oblong shaped brick for a square hole and the others are nowhere near.

The best incentive would be to tell him he's now fighting for his place, put him on the bench and tell him to give his all for 15-20 mins if and when he comes on.
I was a little taken aback when I watched Sasa arriving at Molineux and moving through the corridors of greatness, Jimenez was moving through and Sasa said, " Hi, I'm Sasha..." and Jimenez was almost brusque! Hardly bothered to reply, let alone stop and welcome him, or even be friendly etc.

I mean, we did just sell the only actual #10 we had.

Podence is an oblong shaped brick for a square hole and the others are nowhere near.
That's my problem. If 4231 becomes the formation of choice then we don't have a decent option as a 10. MGW had to be sold, just a shame he couldn't be convinced otherwise. Obviously playing him in his best position may have helped

Harder for strikers to time there runs though I’d imagine maybe though? Although just because he’s 6ft 7 doesn’t mean are plan will be ‘out wide and cross’ necessarily
It shouldn't be, but I think it will be.

Very, very much this. There's a lot of dis-satisfaction out there tbh.
Indeed in the Neves song, you can hear the entire crowd go quieter at the "bruno lages man" bit.
That's only because we haven't got the hang singing "Bruno Lage" instead of "Nuno Santo" yet!

I was a little taken aback when I watched Sasa arriving at Molineux and moving through the corridors of greatness, Jimenez was moving through and Sasa said, " Hi, I'm Sasha..." and Jimenez was almost brusque! Hardly bothered to reply, let alone stop and welcome him, or even be friendly etc.
If it's the same one I just watched, Raul says "hello, nice to meet you", shakes his hand and smiles... The same as every other player "Sasha" meets. I think you're reading too much into it Roy

I say make him take a questionnaire which invites him to say "actually I am shit, it is all my fault".

I say make him take a questionnaire which invites him to say "actually I am shit, it is all my fault".
Come on man, how do you expect to be where you want to in 5 years time if you haven’t completed your continuous personal development plan??

Not looking forward to another helping of Lagedross on the pitch and yet more Lagedrivel after the game.

We have good players so there always the chance that everything clicks and we get a shot on target, but I’m not hopeful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back