• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton v Wolves, January 18,2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
352 with Donk in midfield does give us the opportunity for an extra man in the box for crosses.
But it also tends to mean Neves standing next to Coady too much.

Really should have looked at this earlier than I did as all tickets gone by then & it's the easiest PL ground to get to from here.

Given that they have recovered somewhat will be happy with another draw in this one.

Apparently Darren England has been fast tracked into the top flight as he is very highly regarded.

I hope that's true. It wasn't the case two years ago, but I'm always prepared to eat humble pie. We'll see how he does tomorrow. I just don't like the fact that he is assisted by David Coote. My suspicion is that he has been fast tracked because the PGMOL is short of referees.

On the Wolves side of things, I would go 3-5-2 on this one, moving Dendoncker to mid-field where he can produce some late runs into the opposition's box.

Absolutely zero confidence for this one. Would snap your hand off for a point and no injuries

Absolutely zero confidence for this one. Would snap your hand off for a point and no injuries

This is nuts, I'm not saying we will defintely win, or draw even but to have zero confidence doesn't make any sense, we are still a good team, maybe a bit jaded but still a match for a much improved Southampton side, could go either way imo

One thing I do think we need to improve is getting the opposing wide attacker to get in the box more when the ball comes over from the other side. Neto does it quite well but Traore doesn't.

Traore isn’t supposed to be in the box - doc goes in the box, Traore stays wide. On the left, it’s Neto/Jota that goes in the box whilst Jonny stays wide.

We’ve been playing that way all season, it’s not just that Traore and Jonny can’t be arsed.

This is nuts, I'm not saying we will defintely win, or draw even but to have zero confidence doesn't make any sense, we are still a good team, maybe a bit jaded but still a match for a much improved Southampton side, could go either way imo

lawro has us losing.

We were absolute dogshit here last year.

I really hope we turn up as we need to to get anything from these. They are flying on the back of last weeks win at Leicester so its really important for us to score first and knock that wind out. If not I fear we could get dicked three or 4

I'm anticipating a tough game here, but getting "dicked 3 or 4" generally isn't something that happens to us. Sunderland away, City away with ten men and Chelsea at home are the only occasions under Nuno I can recall.

I'm anticipating a tough game here, but getting "dicked 3 or 4" generally isn't something that happens to us. Sunderland away, City away with ten men and Chelsea at home are the only occasions under Nuno I can recall.

hence my concern

lawro has us losing.

We were absolute dogshit here last year.

I really hope we turn up as we need to to get anything from these. They are flying on the back of last weeks win at Leicester so its really important for us to score first and knock that wind out. If not I fear we could get dicked three or 4

Neither of those points have any relevance to tomorrows game, it will be a close game, mostly likely result is a draw

they and Watford top the form charts with 4 wins and a draw in the last 5. We already gifted Watford a win in their run. We are without a win in our last 5 league and cup. A month agao we would have been fine , but they are in decent form. We are a little off at the moment. Still , IF we score first it could be a completely different story.

We beat Manchester City from 2 down.

against 10 men and a goalkeeper who makes Pickford look world class. That, while remarkable was an exception to the rule and you know it. Off to your dungeon and cast more spells.

I’ll be happy if we’re still in it after 70
minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back