• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

lol... Unless Bruno is on the pitch missing the chances then i think saying Bruno out is a bit of a stretch. Played really nice football, but as has been for a long while we don't have an out and out goal scorer. We are in good shape. A CF and we'll be there.
Got to give the new guys time to gel.

Why do teams bother having managers then? Should just sign the players and let em sort it out amongst themselves if that's the case. The book stops with the manager, yet again we didn't create a single chance of note.

no cutting edge around the box. seems like we have to engineer the perfect goal. keep playing the ball across the pitch in the last third is not going to produce a goal.
You’re right Mick, we never have that rub of the green where the ball falls perfectly for us.
Story of our season so far is “should have got more out of that game”
In respect to Spurs, without Kane they are useless, lucky last week and again to day….we don’t get that luck ever

Last edited:
No wins in ten 7 of which are defeats, you honestly think that’s the best this squad of players can achieve?
At some point you need to start having a positive output ie gaining points otherwise it’s just a pointless exercise
I don't care what happened at the end of a long season in a different playing system. It's irrelevant.

We're a miles better team than our points tally, we just desperately need someone who can score goals.

Absolute joke of a post. Any credence you might possibly have had with your argument has disappeared with a comment like this.

I was half joking tbh. Although Bruce picked up more ppg with a poor newcastle side than Lage has for us.

Why do teams bother having managers then? Should just sign the players and let em sort it out amongst themselves if that's the case. The book stops with the manager, yet again we didn't create a single chance of note.
We created chances first half. The manager cannot put the ball in the net when the chances are created. The players are the ones who have to do that.

Dominant in the first half, outclassed in the second. Adama, Dendoncker, Hwang... It'd be useful if we had the option to bring on a Premier League footballer instead of that shite.

I saw enough to today to see that we'll beat a lot of teams in this league and won't be in any danger at all but equally I saw enough to see that we're nowhere near a European push, and if that isn't the goal then what's the point in dropping £100M+ (and counting) on new players.

17 games, 3 wins, 3 draws and 11 losses. Considering the quality we have I'd argue that's the biggest underperformance in the league atm. Any less than 5 points from Newcastle, Bournemouth & Southampton and he has to go.

We created chances first half. The manager cannot put the ball in the net when the chances are created. The players are the ones who have to do that.

Which? We had one shot on target in the first half. I don't remember a single one that I'd class as a miss.

Less frustrated with that than with last week, oddly.

First half was excellent. Spurs are not mugs and we outplayed them. The playing out from the back was genuinely top drawer and we moved the ball really well...until the final third. Even still created some half decent openings.

Soon as Moutinho went off (and he did have to go off, he was clearly gassed) we ceded any control of the game. Donck strolled around in his usual manner and offered nothing on the ball, the dropoff is too deep for us to manage against a quality side unfortunately.

Guedes was bright 1st half and showed some genuine potential, will look forward to seeing him work with Raul (or whomever else we may bring in).

Podence was bad, again. Just not good enough to play that kind of role, he's a winger or he's nothing.

Neto put in a shift but didn't offer much attacking wise, then again he had next to zero help from Jonny, no overlapping runs or the like to create some space, drag defenders away...something still isn't right there.

Promising from Nunes considering he's only been here a few days, some genuine touches of class.

Poor goal to concede unfortunately, especially when that kind of defending is meant to be Collins' bread and butter. Kane continues to be a snide prick - him and Richarlison in the same team is approaching Ramos & Pepe levels.

I might regret this but I do think we showed more today than last week. The new boys looked good and Mou made a massive difference. Bit worrying that we have to rely on him for that, still, but class is permanent and all that. Fill the hole up front and I think things will start to click.

Ait-Nouri needs to up his defensive game. We know he can be good going forward but looks like a weak link in a back four.
Always looks like he can give away a penalty at any point. Collins and Kilman look solid , I will say I think they can be better than Cody and Bolly
Ait-Nouri needs to up his defensive game. We know he can be good going forward but looks like a weak link in a back four.

I for one have been critical of Lage for much of last season and had us down as relegation candidates with him in charge this season. However, the performance today was not bad, and personally I can see some green shoots of growth with this system and the new players. Another forward to improve on Raul and we are easily a top half side IMO.

We've had 3 games with the new system, 1 with all the new signings playing. Lumping these together with the appalling run last season seems a bit unrealistic. You have to view things over a run of a few games before declaring it as a failure.

Time you’re asking for? That’s something that’s no existent in football, plus how long do you persist saying he’ll turn it around?
Regardless of what’s changed results have to come and pretty sharpish.
Even with last seasons squad only 3 points in ten and that’s involved games against leeds, Fulham, Brighton, Norwich, Burnley and Newcastle.
A new system that’s what pre season is for yes new additions have come in but it’s not a complete revamp of players.

He'll go fairly soon, it's just unsustainable. Once again worse when we made changes.

Some good football first half with limited threat and then rubbish second half. Opposition keeper has done nothing all game. Same as last week.

He'll go fairly soon, it's just unsustainable. Once again worse when we made changes.

Some good football first half with limited threat and then rubbish second half. Opposition keeper has done nothing all game. Same as last week.

Bingo, we could have had Gerd Muller upfront today and still scored none because there wasn't a chance created.

Back