• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Frustrating result. Great first half but faded and allowed them to get well on top. Brainless from Collins to lose Kane from a 6 yard box flick on.

Neves MOTM just ahead of Guedes for me.

Last edited:
Thought we deserved something from the game on balance but we cant keep saying that and getting beat. Unfortunately we never really look like we are going to score even when we are on top.

Big 2 league games coming up. Need 4 points at least from those 2 games.

Grand first period, faded in the second because our replacements are significantly less talented than theirs

Thought we were good 1st half, but Spurs came out a different team in the 2nd half Kulusevski got on the ball and changed the game in their favour IMO. I don't think we were out thought or out managed in any way, they just improved a lot and we struggled to cope. Bruno made the right changes IMO but whatever players are on the pitch none of them look like scoring or even making the right decisions in the final 3rd anywhere near consistently enough.

We've been this way going forwards even under Nuno. I'm not sure what people think a new manager is suddenly going to magically achieve. The forwards will still miss loads of chances until we get a decent striker to knit them all together.

no cutting edge around the box. seems like we have to engineer the perfect goal. keep playing the ball across the pitch in the last third is not going to produce a goal.

We've been this way going forwards even under Nuno. I'm not sure what people think a new manager is suddenly going to magically achieve. The forwards will still miss loads of chances until we get a decent striker to knit them all together.

No wins in ten 7 of which are defeats, you honestly think that’s the best this squad of players can achieve?
At some point you need to start having a positive output ie gaining points otherwise it’s just a pointless exercise

Beaten by a better team. A fit striker from kick-off would have certainly helped but in reality, the strength of their bench made the difference. We clearly need more than a striker to be anywhere near competitive in the new world of 5 subs per game.

Got up early again for another dull showing.
Looked good value in the first half , 12 shots to 1.
With that said we can't hit a barn door from 5 paces .
Neves played the captains roll again.
New kid looks good in centre midfield .
Very happy to have moutihno back.
At 37 I would still have kept him on rather than bring donkey on .
We seem devoid of ideas in the opponents box .
Evey time Adama got the ball I thought it would go in the stands .
We need a horrible attacking menace .
Like Richarleson or Lukaku or atleast someone who can finish .
Dendonkey was mentioned once and Jimenez got 1 header , not good enough to drive you on.
Finally why are we playing out from the back when we are losing , especially when time is up .
Did it this game and the first game .
Hoof long and hope to pick up some scraps .
Cannot score from your own box at 94 minutes .

We don't ever look like we can score. No rhyme or rhythm going forward, even with Nunes and Raul. For that reason, Bruno out.
lol... Unless Bruno is on the pitch missing the chances then i think saying Bruno out is a bit of a stretch. Played really nice football, but as has been for a long while we don't have an out and out goal scorer. We are in good shape. A CF and we'll be there.
Got to give the new guys time to gel.

No wins in ten 7 of which are defeats, you honestly think that’s the best this squad of players can achieve?
At some point you need to start having a positive output ie gaining points otherwise it’s just a pointless exercise
We've had 3 games with the new system, 1 with all the new signings playing. Lumping these together with the appalling run last season seems a bit unrealistic. You have to view things over a run of a few games before declaring it as a failure.

Back