• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

It's attitude with Bradley Johnson, didn't want to know at Derby after November or so. Puts weight on too often as well.

Chris Martin would be an excellent signing. Really hope it's true.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 20s20 seconds ago
Derby are believed to have rejected an offer of £6.5m from Wolves for striker Chris Martin.

Yeah, it's all over Twitter that they've rejected a bid from us between £5-6.5m. Some guy who appears to know his stuff is suggesting they're holding out for £8m - which I would say in the current climate is a fairer price. Particularly as we are one of their direct rivals.

£8m is reasonable.

If we have Bod, Martin and Dicko to choose from up front we could have a very good strike force.

I don't really see the point of spending £8m on him when we have Dicko & Dadi. I'd rather we splashed out on a couple of defenders. Of course I wouldn't complain if signed him AND splashed out on a couple of defenders.

I'd definitely go up to £8M but not much further than that.

Mainly I just can't believe we sold Afobe when we did and for such a low price. Look at the actual state of the market half a year later. You fucking idiot Moxey.

I don't really see the point of spending £8m on him when we have Dicko & Dadi. I'd rather we splashed out on a couple of defenders. Of course I wouldn't complain if signed him AND splashed out on a couple of defenders.
This, both would be nice..

Mainly I just can't believe we sold Afobe when we did and for such a low price. Look at the actual state of the market half a year later. You fucking idiot Moxey.
An incredibly stupid sale on every level. Added kudos to the badge kisser for taking an awful long term move as well

I'm not sure Afobe is even going to start for them now.

I'm not sure Afobe is even going to start for them now.

Not with Wilson and King there. I think he'll be first choice when either are injured though and he'll get plenty of games. I think it's a pretty good deal for Bournemouth but a fucking terrible deal by the best in the business.

King has improved immensely over the past year or so. Actually has some skill to go with his pace.

Afobe won't feature much for them now but I think we all could have predicted that when he left.

Martin has looked awesome against us big yes from me, he's totally different to what we have and would compliment Dado or Dicko.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Not with Wilson and King there. I think he'll be first choice when either are injured though and he'll get plenty of games. I think it's a pretty good deal for Bournemouth but a fucking terrible deal by the best in the business.

I imagine they'll go 4-3-3 with Ibe and Gradel wide of Wilson and then Ake, Cook and Arter in the middle.

Howe's done a remarkable job with King. He was genuinely woeful at Blackburn.

It doesn't really matter what we spend - it's not like we now have a tight budget to work to. Think we'll increase bids up to a certain point if it's a player we really want.

Back