• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
May as well get the ball rolling as our miserable season ends in under a fortnight.

If we had any level of even modest ambition there are four players in L1/L2 I'd be looking at:

Dan Bentley (out of contract)
Rico Henry
Bradley Dack
Kemar Roofe

Keeper has to be number one priority for me in the summer.

All of the following can go for all I care - I think Van La Parra's deal is already done so he won't be back.

Ikeme
Doherty (if someone's daft enough to pay money for him off the back of two months of average form then take it)
Edwards
Henry
McDonald
McCarey
Rowe
Coady
Sigurdarson
Ebanks-Landell
Ismail
Le Fondre

I'd have liked us to sign Martinez but that ship evidently sailed months ago as he hasn't been considered for a recall. If someone were willing to give us a decent chunk of our money back for Mason or Byrne they can go as well.

I expect Iorfa will go, the club don't have the appetite to resist bids.

We can't half-arse this window as there are no emergency loans next season, the squad we have when September starts is the squad for four months.

When you write the names down in a list like that it makes you realise how poor our squad is, with some genuinely turgid footballers on board.

I've got a feeling that this could be a very depressing thread.

That squad is the result of too many disastrous transfer windows. Our recruitment has been appalling for ages. I still don't understand how we have spent £5m on Coady & Mason. Bizarre transfers.

I've got a feeling that this could be a very depressing thread.

Well the last one is about as cheerful as one of the short stories in The Dubliners. Can it get any worse?

Agree with Deutsch's list. We need an overhaul of the squad, but the problem is we probably won't have much to spend unless we sell our better players, and the recruitment has been utterly dreadful. It's like me giving my kids some play dough and telling them to recreate Sagrada Familia.

I predict the tone of the window to be kicked off by the signing of Helan. Whilst he is not the worst player to pull on a Wolves shirt and did at least offer some balance to the team, he is not a player to sign if you genuinely believe or indeed want to challenge for the Top 6.

Unless a new owner comes in we will see the sales of the 2 main defenders and around 10% put back into the team. A heavy reliance on the youth team will be the way we go. Right now, we are going to be the Fulham/Bristol City of this season. I don't see us being the mess Charlton & Bolton are, but we are not a million miles away from that.

For me, I want changes above KJ before we move KJ on. We need a fresh plan and someone with the bollocks to deal with the club in it's current situation rather than a set up that seems happy to float around and hoping it all works out. So, first transfer target - New CEO.

Kenny Jackett has told the Express and Star that he still hasn’t made a decision about Adam Le Fondre’s future at Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Jackett now says that he has a decision to ponder, as he considers whether or not to make the 29-year-old’s move a permanent one.

“We’ll look at it in the summer,” Jackett said, when asked about Le Fondre’s future.

“We have to see where we are and find a balanced front line, with a compliment, and we need choices, we need options along our front line.”

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/2...ded-about-adam-le-fondres-future-at-wolverha/

I doubt ALF will want to stay regardless of what we want to do.

I doubt ALF will want to stay regardless of what we want to do.

Along with quite a few other players he will look back on this season as being quite bizarre because of selection issues.

How long before the title gets an add-on in brackets, about August I reckon.

Will Sigurdarson be seen in a Wolves shirt again?

“We’ll see,” Jackett replied. “I think for Bjorn there’s been a lot of effort there, and a lot of application, but we haven’t quite found the right combination along the front line. On Saturday I wanted to look at other options. James Henry in a more central role was one that I wanted to try as well.

“So right at present I’m looking at other options.

“We’ll see how the Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday games go.”

James henry in the middle while y'know. The 18 year old unproven kid is chomping at the bit to play in his natural position.

As depressing as the list of players from DW's opening post is, what's more depressing is that Ikeme, Edwards, Doherty, Coady, Henry & Ebanks-Landell will all still be here come September.

Without a new owner turning up in the summer, we will be shopping in the bargain basement also. Parachute money is now finished, no finance from present owner - think we can forget about the likes of Roofe, Dack and Rico Henry.

A quiet, uninspiring summer ahead I think.

James henry in the middle while y'know. The 18 year old unproven kid is chomping at the bit to play in his natural position.

He had to do that...After trying 7 other players before getting to Jordan Graham, he couldn't afford to have Enobakare make him look an even bigger dickhead by shining in his natural position. Much easier to play him on the wing for a game and drop him next week because "he struggled".

He's tried Henry centrally before and he was shit. I'm sure it'll come as a surprise to us at all that he'll be shit when he's played there again because he has no attributes in his game that make him a decent option in that position.

question, how is the early birds selling? :)

question, how is the early birds selling? :)

It's all done, just over 10,000 renewed. Way more than they had any right to expect and the club take this as tacit endorsement of the drivel served up at Molineux.

Six home wins FFS. We were awful in three of them as well.

It's all done, just over 10,000 renewed. Way more than they had any right to expect and the club take this as tacit endorsement of the drivel served up at Molineux.

Six home wins FFS. We were awful in three of them as well.

Yeah, that sounds over the top..shows the patience of wolves fans though...

Back