• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

..or the love for the club would be more accurate i guess

I think 10,000 is pretty close to our 'core' that will take up the early bird no matter what in this division.

So, seeing as we're going to be shopping in Poundland this summer, the players we are really going to be targeting are going to be from the 3 relegated from the Champ (I haven't forgotten about that Dorian Dervite rumour), from the L1 clubs that miss out on promotion (Dack, Henry, Sawyers, Hourihane, Winnall, Darby), loans from Prem academies (Sam Johnstone?), free agents and players on the fringes of rival clubs (Helan, etc).

Exciting. Any ideas from those groups?

always liked Sam Winnall, proper scorer(dont know how he will manage in the champ though)..if he is cheap then why not? Obviously Dack, Henry but what will be the pricetag? Johnstone I havent seen nothing of as a goalie so cant comment..

Don't expect much money to be available, nor trust anyone there to spend it effectively unless there are changes at the top.

More worried re sales of our 'potential' than purchases (Kenny should just have said no way will we sell Iorfa rather than commenting further which merely encourages bids)

Hause also linked with CP though can't find the article again now

yeah, feels like he just wanna raise the price of Iorfa..maybe we should search in eastern europe for some cheap players, like Zyro...I have said this before though

I'm pretty sure Kenny will have little to no say with regards to any departures where a 6 figure sum is involved.

I'm pretty sure Kenny will have little to no say with regards to any departures where a 6 figure sum is involved.

I think he knows that and hence his comments on Iorfa, that he wouldn't sell him and hopes all at the club thinks the same.

I think if Hause goes that'll be a sign that pretty much everyone is up for sale. He's got a lot of potential but hasn't really proven himself as a top CB at this level quite yet. If a Prem team are in for him it'll be because they have a few million lying around and fancy taking a punt on a cheap, young option who could turn into a player in a year or two.

I think if Hause goes that'll be a sign that pretty much everyone is up for sale. He's got a lot of potential but hasn't really proven himself as a top CB at this level quite yet. If a Prem team are in for him it'll be because they have a few million lying around and fancy taking a punt on a cheap, young option who could turn into a player in a year or two.

Depends whether he (or his agent) feels that he is better staying and getting competative game time, which he will here, rather than only a few league cup or subs appearances at Premier level (& it will be only a few of the latter as central defenders don't tend to get changed unless there's an injury)

Either we get a new owner, soon! or the little promise that we have built as a club over the last season or two, will be decimated this summer.

This is a sad time for my lifelong club, and a seriously big pair of bollocks is required, yesterday!

I think if Hause goes that'll be a sign that pretty much everyone is up for sale

Of course everyone is up for sale. Any player that can bring in half decent money will be waved bye bye and wished the best of luck and be replaced byHelan type players and youth teamers. Put that process on repeat until a new owner arrives.

I'll just ruin everybodies evening by posting this, could we realistically start next season with a back line of:

Deslandes Batth EEL Doherty

The annoying thing is that if Iorfa or Hause were to be sold to a Premiership club, they would be loaned straight back out to one of our Championship rivals, probably for the season!

Of course everyone is up for sale. Any player that can bring in half decent money will be waved bye bye and wished the best of luck and be replaced byHelan type players and youth teamers. Put that process on repeat until a new owner arrives.

Both you and DW have mentioned that it isn't really the owner but the raging arsehat that is CEO. This whole situation is avoidable if he is removed. Maybe we should start a petition....

Either i read an earlier post wrong or I need some serious cypro intake, BUT have we actually signed Helan??????

No - he has gone back to Wednesday. Where he will be surplus to requirements come the summer, and we will no doubt swoop. Exciting.

No - he has gone back to Wednesday. Where he will be surplus to requirements come the summer, and we will no doubt swoop. Exciting.

Is it still safe to point out that Wolves pounce rather than swoop or have transfer blues set in already?

Back