• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Its all very well us signing loads of strikers and I'm happy enough with that but I'd really like to see a good, experienced CB/leader and a good CM (jury's still out on Prince although obviously very early days) I know we have a plethora of CM but quite frankly I'm starting to think none of them are good enough for where we want to be.

It might help if our better players were on the pitch at kick-off rather than the bench. Impact subs are all well and good, but ... :icon_confused:

Pinilla isn't a bad player, but if you want a striker that can score some goals he isn't a very good choice.

Maybe in the Championship he can be a good solution to replace Bod sometimes.

Edwards....

I might look up the list of crimes I could have committed that would have been a shorter sentence than the time I've had to watch him play for Wolves.

Seriously I don't think he's going to last very much longer. Granted I probably said that about seven years ago.

I feel Assombalonga has become injury prone. I'd rather have Dicko if he returns to his best.

I feel Assombalonga has become injury prone. I'd rather have Dicko if he returns to his best.
He's had one terrible injury, just like Dicko, that makes him unlucky not injury prone. You'd be paying double figures in millions to get him though.

The Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet reports that Nicklas Bendtner is in advanced talks to join Wolves. The article is printed and not yet available online (will likely be put online later today at www.eb.dk)

QPR, Fulham, Ipswich are also said to be interested

QPR failed to agree personal terms last week (according to a couple of media outlets anyway)

The Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet reports that Nicklas Bendtner is in advanced talks to join Wolves. The article is printed and not yet available online (will likely be put online later today at www.eb.dk)

QPR, Fulham, Ipswich are also said to be interested

There were some rumours of Bendtner at the weekend as well (think Lycan mentioned it?) #marquee

wiki shows 30 goals in 136 games since leaving Arsenal.

More than I thought. Was being ironic really as I was aware of some "issues" at Wolfsburg who released him.
Definitely one of those players who could be excellent at this level if he can be motivated.

How has Bendtners career gone since leaving Arsenal?

One word...downwards and he might have hit to bottom now.

Loan spell at Juventus with almost no playing time
Wolfsburg paid him to cancel his contract and played very little
Been training with Copenhagen the last 6 months or so

...but maybe it's time to bounce back and use the talents he clearly got?

Back