• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

To be fair, if the e and s waited until they were 100% certain of everything before going to print, they would be restricted to a couple of stories a week, which would basically just be them telling us all what we already know, as it would have been plastered all over social media by people who don't have anything invested in being correct. The e and s are between a rock and a hard place it seems a lot of the time.

They could, y'know, try writing something interesting from time to time?

There's 140 years of history there if they're short on up to date info.

Would be nice I agree, they operate in an age where it's all about the here and now and appealing to the lowest common denominator though. Well thought out, well researched, interesting pieces are left for the likes of yourself. You shouldn't mind really, a nice little niche they have left you.

Exactly. They could have done a best/shit XI like we did. Not that it would have been as good/bad but there you go.

To be fair, if the e and s waited until they were 100% certain of everything before going to print, they would be restricted to a couple of stories a week, which would basically just be them telling us all what we already know, as it would have been plastered all over social media by people who don't have anything invested in being correct. The e and s are between a rock and a hard place it seems a lot of the time.

On the Cathro story it was easy to deal with- Just Tweet "looking into it" or something like that but don't run a story based on a Tweet from Alex Rae followed up by Tim Nash.
If they were so desperate to write something...how about contacting Alex Rae to ask him some more about his info or find out why the club are reluctant to give you fuck all and try to work with them to sort it out.

Would be nice I agree, they operate in an age where it's all about the here and now and appealing to the lowest common denominator though. Well thought out, well researched, interesting pieces are left for the likes of yourself. You shouldn't mind really, a nice little niche they have left you.

Oh, I don't! Thanks for leaving that gap in the market.

Two big sins in writing as far as I'm concerned: a) being clearly, easily provably incorrect and b) being boring and/or bland. The E&S are frequently both.

I think they're letting Jonny Philips write all the good stuff and leave Tim and Nate to do the comedy/ wandering around like goons bit.

Pete O'Rourke has linked to an article saying we've made Mason available for loan.

I'd rather we got rid permanently.

Pete O'Rourke has linked to an article saying we've made Mason available for loan.

if nobody in the football league or conference or abroad wanna buy him thats understandable..

if nobody in the football league or conference or abroad wanna buy him thats understandable..

He's 'in demand' apparently. We won't get that much for him, certainly nowhere near the daft amount we're supposed to have spent on him.

He's 'in demand' apparently. We won't get that much for him, certainly nowhere near the daft amount we're supposed to have spent on him.
Still say the £3m was heavily made up with add ons that we will never have to pay. We will lose money on him but not much.

Still day the £3m was heavily made up with add ons that we will never have to pay. We will lose money on him but not much.

That's what my sources tell me... Got some Cardiff supporting mates and they say they wish it was a straight £3m but they believe it was between £1.6m and £1.75m with add-ons for goals and promotion so they ain't getting their money!

We really need a striker. Reckon he would drop down to the Kiddi league?

That's what my sources tell me... Got some Cardiff supporting mates and they say they wish it was a straight £3m but they believe it was between £1.6m and £1.75m with add-ons for goals and promotion so they ain't getting their money!

Still too much money.

He's a £400k League One player. I can't even think of a decent comparison for him because I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone before who is so clearly lacking in any positive attributes. Not fast, not big, not strong, doesn't work hard, can't finish, can't create, can't hold the ball up, can't play wide, can't play as a #10, can't play as a lone striker. He's not an awful footballer in as much as he can control a ball, he can look neat and tidy enough, occasionally he'll do something good, but generally...he's so beige. I can't see why any team would ever think "Yes, Joe Mason is the answer to our problems".

He's crap anyway but his attitude in the friendlies has really annoyed me.

Sure that I read somewhere that someone in the Championship (can't remember who or find the article again) was interested at around £1m - suspect that we would not lose that many £s at that level & even less in footballing terms

Time pressure, DW. Out of interest, how long did the 1500 words on FFP take you? Around 5 hours with the research?

Been told today Dicko will be struggling for minutes under Nuno. Third/fourth choice no.9 by the time we have another striker on board and Cav back from suspension.

Been told today Dicko will be struggling for minutes under Nuno. Third/fourth choice no.9 by the time we have another striker on board and Cav back from suspension.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest! Upto him to force his way in. Thanks for the info as always

Back