• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Traoré as well. Came on as a sub vs Leicester not long after he signed.

Exactly my thoughts. It will be a case by case thing. Plus it wouldn't surprise me as we have been at St Georges Park rather than Compton, that someone is already there very secret squirrel and we'll announce it when it suits us.

People moaning about lack of rumours, lack of signings, need to remind themselves that Wolves is tighter than Fort Knox for information leaks these days. And long may it stay that way.

Arsenal have been linked with him for ages. All the noise was that St Etienne would sell him but he'd have to be loaned back for a season, which is no good to us.

If we bought him as "one for the future" along with a couple of others then maybe we could do that, but it doesn't really seem our style just yet.

Arsenal have been linked with him for ages. All the noise was that St Etienne would sell him but he'd have to be loaned back for a season, which is no good to us.
Arsenal were probably doing that because they were too cheap to offer the full price. If we offer enough for an outright permanent transfer ASSE won't turn us down, they're not a rich club.

Might meet them in the Europa League Group stage if we got there. That would be a blinder of a trip.

Their stadium is proper steep and on top of the pitch. Atmosphere would be mental.

Will Norris has put an obscure picture of a blue and white kit on his IG. Huddersfield maybe?

Fair shout, they'll be after a keeper as Lössl has gone and Hamer is only a single notch above Lonergan.

Look like Huddersfield to me.
b5c90443d945160489fb46a783aa0cad.jpg

Wouldn’t be disappointed if the same side plays the first game. Our first 11 and manager are of top 6 quality.

The issues is the quality of the squad, not the depth.
We have 14 players (inc 2 GKs) fit for purpose in a top 6 team. 3 players In MGW, Miranda and Cavaleiro who can do a job (cups, Europe, etc.) and then Traore. Not sure what to consider Kilman as, I’ve never seen him play. I’m ignoring Bright, Bonatini and Ronan, I assume they will be going to the championship or similar.

If we can get 3 or 4 players of genuine quality to effectively push those 4 down the list we will have plenty. 16 quality outfield players (with a lot of versatile players in there) plus 3 or 4 who can do a job if necessary in a crisis (we’d need 5 long term injuries to see them be needed to play more than 1 game, you’d have to be really unlucky).

From what Fosun have done so far, I see no way they are going to do a spurs / arsenal and just not sign anyone or refuse to pay for people.

Highly doubt Raul will be back and ready for the start of the season. Poor bloke needs a holiday.

So you’d like to think a new forward will partner Jota up top for the first game or two.

I doubt he'll go to China or play in the first leg of the Europa. After that he should be fine. He had a month off after the end of the season and the final is on Monday.

Pontus Jansson about to leave for another English club for £5.5m. Villa maybe?

Back