• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

We should be gazumping that right now, £12m is a steal.

In fact I don't know why they didn't save the money on Stampy McStampface and just sign Konsa instead as he's way better.

Here's the interview with Sellars.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/spor...s-academy-being-spearheaded-by-scott-sellars/

It's about generating funds if we can. We might make a profit on this lad, we might not.

We will definitely lose money on Mir and I assume we more or less gave Stevenson away.

I think it's a flawed business plan for three reasons:

1) We don't have the quality of coaches to make this work
2) It has failed twice already so now we've got to raise £2.5m (Mir and Stevenson) before we break even
3) Who in their right mind is going to join a club knowing they will be loaned out or sold for profit.

I personally find it unethical.

Do we have to include Randall and all the other failures?

To be fair, its only something that Fosun have recently introduced. Seems to be something they are kicking on with now after achieving the first part of their goal and that was promotion to the U23 Prem 1

To be fair, its only something that Fosun have recently introduced. Seems to be something they are kicking on with now after achieving the first part of their goal and that was promotion to the U23 Prem 1

I'm glad they are promoting this. I'm not sure why when players come to our Academy we invariably end up releasing them as not good enough. They seem to actively get worse, what exactly are we doing to make a player worse? The Jumilla experiment was an abject failure and we seem to have the world's worst loan system in place.

I'd like to see a complete overhaul.

It was a brief (and questionable) link but the Saliba kid looks to be done to Arsenal (with a loan back for a year) - €30m which is quite a chunk of change for an 18 year old

Quarasema can be brilliant at times, but is mostly below average. Not sure where he fits into our system as a slow winger. Waaay too old now anyway, nobody is gonna sign him

Diego Costa bullshit has now made it onto SkySportsNews.

Seeing as it's completely made up, I reckon if we try hard enough we could get an equally ridiculous rumour on there.

Atlético de Madrid
‏Verified account @Atletico_MD
Pese a los rumores...
Costa-Wolves: El Atlético cuenta con el ‘19’

( Despite the rumours... Costa-Wolves: Atletico is '19')

Even Atletico getting in on the fun

Ok, even the local Madrid paper is joining in the fun

Seb Haller being linked with West Ham now. If that happens I'd not be confident about finishing ahead of them or Leicester heading into the season (based on our squad today as it stands).

West Ham get linked with every striker ever, I wouldn't worry about that one.

Don’t know who he is but a quick look at his bio and he looks more of a credible link. Young, reasonable pedigree, probably willing to play second fiddle, not at a huge club already.

Gut feeling this has more legs than many of the others.

Back