• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Nuno: "Overall it was a really good performance. We have to reflect on many things this season. I'm proud of the way we've worked together, bounced back from difficult moments, we always stick together. Many things to analyse, there's a general feeling of unity."

Insert Dan’s “U Wot M8” gif in here.
Ignoring performance, because that is subjective and as fans generally defeat = shit but he has a point on the unity and team work.
Its been a hard season as a group they have taken some hefty blows and have come back from them. Lesser teams would be down with Fulham & WBA but despite various issues we have at least managed to ensure the season is just bang average rather a right royal fuck up.

Now down to Nuno, Jeff and UJ to put us back on track so bang average is not on the agenda next season,

Nuno: "Overall it was a really good performance. We have to reflect on many things this season. I'm proud of the way we've worked together, bounced back from difficult moments, we always stick together. Many things to analyse, there's a general feeling of unity."

He's trolling you Jinks. He can't really believe that.

Don't see what he's said wrong there tbh. It was a pretty good performance today tbh and we deserved more than we got from the game.

Considering everything that's happened he's 100% justified in being proud of the group for the little that we have achieved this season. It genuinely could've been so much worse.

On the flip side this is the perfect thread to point out that if we make the same mistakes in the summer transfer window, we'll be faced with another situation where we're relying on our character to keep us out of a sticky situation. This summer is absolutely massive. We need quality, first team ready, additions in several key positions.

Don't see what he's said wrong there tbh. It was a pretty good performance today tbh and we deserved more than we got from the game.

Considering everything that's happened he's 100% justified in being proud of the group for the little that we have achieved this season. It genuinely could've been so much worse.

On the flip side this is the perfect thread to point out that if we make the same mistakes in the summer transfer window, we'll be faced with another situation where we're relying on our character to keep us out of a sticky situation. This summer is absolutely massive. We need quality, first team ready, additions in several key positions.
You should be sent to Coventry for that 1st paragraph...

I agree with Nuno

Suggesting replacing Boly means we will be popping outside...

For me, its not so much replacing Boly or Coady but not relying on Donck, Kilman or Saiss unless we are crippled by injuries.
ACON will be an issue next year , so ideally someone who will be comfortable with Coady is wise IMO, especially as Boly seems abit more injury prone .

I’d personally play a 352/532
Next year anyway. Don’t see why with certain additions it can’t be played in a nice to watch way

Conspiracy theory time. If Rui doesn't start against Man United then it's already agreed that he's off to Roma

To be fair 2 injuries and Covid have fucked his season right up
Covid apparently makes him regularly pass to opposition players this season, sometimes under very little pressure, a side effect scandalously never mentioned by the World Health Organisation

Boly is an issue as he's getting more and more niggly injuries, he's going to be missing for some of next season through the African nations tournament and even when he's fully fit he isn't at the levels he was before.

I wouldn't get rid but it would be better if we signed 2 CB's and didn't have to rely on him.

Conspiracy theory time. If Rui doesn't start against Man United then it's already agreed that he's off to Roma
Keep an eye out for removal trucks doing the rounds in Tettenhall over the next week.

Boly is an issue as he's getting more and more niggly injuries, he's going to be missing for some of next season through the African nations tournament and even when he's fully fit he isn't at the levels he was before.

I wouldn't get rid but it would be better if we signed 2 CB's and didn't have to rely on him.
We will have to plan for it but I’d be surprised if we went out and bought two first choice centre backs. One first team one and maybe one younger one, suppose it depends what we do with Kilman too.

Yep, hence my post/s last night about us potentially looking to replace him, rather than Coady in the window (in the starting 11, not permanently). He'll still get plenty of gametime, but with his recent injury record, his dip in performances and the fact he is off to the ACON - I can see Nuno trying to get someone to compliment Coady and then using that as the preferred back 4, with Boly coming in as and when required.

This aint gonna be popular, but, i am not sure this season can tell us anything about any player.

We have played football for pretty much 2 years solid we had a 2 day close season.

Mout, and Boly in particular are comuñing to the end of their careers, we know that by their ages, but both still have a huge part to play next season.

They need a fecking rest, Moutinho will play in the Euros but will also get a fair old rest, Boly will get a rest.

I would like to see a CB signing as Jinky said one who can play with Coady, replacing Saiss in the first team squad.

2 midfielders both creative and can chip in with a few goals.

Vithana, MGW, Traore, Pod, Neto are all perfect to be playing next season, as is Silva when Raul needs a rest.

The full backs are a strange one, semedo has looked good in spells, Ran and Marcal look ok, we need to see if Semedo needed that first 12 months in the premier league that some players need.

2 midfiel

Covid apparently makes him regularly pass to opposition players this season, sometimes under very little pressure, a side effect scandalously never mentioned by the World Health Organisation
I mean I know you love a smart arse answer but we know what game the Covid situation occured and that happened to be probably his worst game in a Wolves shirt. So a valid thing to put on.

Last edited:
As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m just going to pretend this season never happened, aside from the fact that it’s secured our 4th successive season in the top flight (an achievement in itself given where we have been as a club for 40 years), it’s been shit.

Nuno needs to have a long break with his family and start a fresh in the summer. Then we go from there.

4 injuries since he joined us I think. 3 x Hamstring and 1 MGW broken bone. 2 of the hamstrings done this season. I wouldn't read much into that as muscle injuries this season are an issue for a lot of players. Presumption is the condensed season, recovery time etc

His levels have dropped but thats the same for nearly every player in our squad this season. Regardless of his form/fitness though you are right we have to sign CB's anyway. Got to move on from having Donck as a 4th choice CB and Saiss as a starter in the position.

Sondergaard is going to play, need to see if he is strong enough as back up next year. I don't see why Ruddy played yesterday otherwise.

Back