• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I presumed most players just rented through Millennium Properties?

Well yeah. Maybe Neves bought it through him. Maybe Neves rented it but now his leaving so the owner rather than re-renting is selling. Maybe it’s a load of bollocks.

I asked the person at work though again today and she said her mate is the brother of the estate agent who is selling it. Could be load of rubbish, but just adds to the “rumour mill”.

lots of social media comments saying he's already gone for €35 million, all from people who know somebody who's got a friend who cuts the grass for the brother in law of the receptionist at Compton park type itk

Express and star now saying he isn't going but could if someone stumps up the right amount of money. Who the fuck can you believe in the press these days. Talk about silly season. :rolleyes:

Even in a deflated market surely you wouldn't be selling a player about to go to the euros. I get its a bit of a cliche to value players based on tournaments etc, but if he has a blinder for Portugal and it drives others to want to get in involved who have been monitoring then that's what you want.

I am trying to buy a house at the moment and it's so competitive that we can't even get viewings as they are booking up too quick, that's how I want our selling transfers to operate! Is that too much to ask!?

Even in a deflated market surely you wouldn't be selling a player about to go to the euros. I get its a bit of a cliche to value players based on tournaments etc, but if he has a blinder for Portugal and it drives others to want to get in involved who have been monitoring then that's what you want.

I am trying to buy a house at the moment and it's so competitive that we can't even get viewings as they are booking up too quick, that's how I want our selling transfers to operate! Is that too much to ask!?
You wouldn't be selling him if he's one of your best players either, but seems like no one is listening....

Express and star now saying he isn't going but could if someone stumps up the right amount of money. Who the fuck can you believe in the press these days. Talk about silly season. :rolleyes:
Er....none of them?

I’ve said it since the days he was a fan blogging in the Monday edition while shit man had the main job.

Joey Essex seems have done one? The guy who wrote their article today seems a little more competent- could probably say the same about my 3 year old though tbf.

Sure Timbo did that before as well.

"When, as a football journalist should I book my holiday?"

"I dunno, maybe a week or two after the season has finished, sounds about right?"

"No, I think actually I'll miss the last game and then anything that happens immediately after, and come back to nothing. That sounds better"

Fairly confident Spiers hasn’t just thought to himself “I think I’ll make up some inside info about Neves being off for £35m” and stuck it in one of his articles.

That’s not me saying it will happen, but I’m sure he’s genuinely been told that from someone within the club.Time will tell if it’s true.

I think losing Neves would hurt more than losing any other member of the squad (apart from possibly Raul, which isn’t happening), so hopefully it’s bollocks.

I can't imagine anyone will be going anywhere until the new manager is installed. We all then hope he sees the situation like we do, and keeps the best players here, then adds to them. A bit like Nuno wanted to do....

Well yeah. Maybe Neves bought it through him. Maybe Neves rented it but now his leaving so the owner rather than re-renting is selling. Maybe it’s a load of bollocks.

I asked the person at work though again today and she said her mate is the brother of the estate agent who is selling it. Could be load of rubbish, but just adds to the “rumour mill”.
Neves definitely rents his property in Tettenhall.

I can't imagine anyone will be going anywhere until the new manager is installed. We all then hope he sees the situation like we do, and keeps the best players here, then adds to them. A bit like Nuno wanted to do....
Problem is that there are only half a dozen clubs or so that can realistically do this in a way that isn't at least partly out of their hands. We're definitely not in that group.

Problem is that there are only half a dozen clubs or so that can realistically do this in a way that isn't at least partly out of their hands. We're definitely not in that group.
When one or two players are a cut above the rest at a club it becomes highly likely that most of them will leave. Even Liverpool had to let Coutinho, Leicester have let a few go. Given that I t is inevitable every club needs to accept it and prepare for it. That means extracting the best possible price and having replacements lined up. In some cases the replacement will be in the same position, in others the club can use the money to improve elsewhere. In our case given Moutinho’ age and Vitinha’s inexperience I hope whoever becomes manager has a dossier of central midfielders alongside the essential dossiers on centre halves and versatile forwards.

Back