• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I’m more sanguine about it than I was - looking at Nuno it doesn’t seem as though he was heartbroken to be leaving. Good luck to him and I really hope this is the start of a new cycle with a push to improve. Remains to be seen though, might have a very different view in 6 months time.
This is where I'm sitting now, I know it was one of the first things I said when we met back up outside the pub but we were right in front of Nuno when he did his fist pumps and he looked genuinely sad in a happy way. He didn't look like a sacked man at all, it changed my mind completely. Not being 'superfan' or any of that bollocks but being there it just felt different, it felt good natured and it seemed like Nuno's natural end with the club in that capacity.

There's no doubt we have a place in Nuno's heart now, that's not up for debate, but I think Nuno has a place in Fosun's as well. No sacked manager I know has ever had a guard of honour, a 'Thank you XXXXXX' plastered around the ground, or has ever even gone out like that. It was a celebration of his time here without a doubt. I think he had to go personally, something wasn't right with him on a personal level this season, you could see that and now I do believe in the mutual consent line. Why would Fosun let him go? Extenuating circumstances this season, lots of them, put it right next year eh old chap?

IF Fosun sacked him then on their own head be it as it will almost certainly come back to haunt them, but after digesting Sunday for a couple of days I don't think they did. I could be wrong but it wouldn't be the first time.

I’m more sanguine about it than I was - looking at Nuno it doesn’t seem as though he was heartbroken to be leaving. Good luck to him and I really hope this is the start of a new cycle with a push to improve. Remains to be seen though, might have a very different view in 6 months time.
The post-match "festivities" painted a picture to me of someone who didn't really want to leave, but recognized it was best for all involved.

Hopefully it works out that way.

The post-match "festivities" painted a picture to me of someone who didn't really want to leave, but recognized it was best for all involved.

Hopefully it works out that way.

This is how I saw it too. I honestly don't think he'd have turned it around and would have been sacked 10 games in next season. I hoped and prayed he would, but looking at the statistics (even with Jimenez, Neto fit) I don't think we would have.

I honestly don't think he'd have turned it around and would have been sacked 10 games in next season. I hoped and prayed he would, but looking at the statistics (even with Jimenez, Neto fit) I don't think we would have.
Maybe. maybe not, but I honestly don't think that was the reason. Or at least the sole reason.

Maybe. maybe not, but I honestly don't think that was the reason. Or at least the sole reason.

Oh no, definitely not. He has looked a broken man all year - stoopid COVID-19 pandemic disrupting our flow...

This is where I'm sitting now, I know it was one of the first things I said when we met back up outside the pub but we were right in front of Nuno when he did his fist pumps and he looked genuinely sad in a happy way. He didn't look like a sacked man at all, it changed my mind completely. Not being 'superfan' or any of that bollocks but being there it just felt different, it felt good natured and it seemed like Nuno's natural end with the club in that capacity.

There's no doubt we have a place in Nuno's heart now, that's not up for debate, but I think Nuno has a place in Fosun's as well. No sacked manager I know has ever had a guard of honour, a 'Thank you XXXXXX' plastered around the ground, or has ever even gone out like that. It was a celebration of his time here without a doubt. I think he had to go personally, something wasn't right with him on a personal level this season, you could see that and now I do believe in the mutual consent line. Why would Fosun let him go? Extenuating circumstances this season, lots of them, put it right next year eh old chap?

IF Fosun sacked him then on their own head be it as it will almost certainly come back to haunt them, but after digesting Sunday for a couple of days I don't think they did. I could be wrong but it wouldn't be the first time.
Wenger?

He managed Arsenal for 22 years, I'd want a guard of honour at the very least...

There's no way, in my opinion, he's just thought I'm off with 2 years left on my contract, that's millions and millions of pounds he'd be walking away from. Sure he might be well off already but people just don't do that. He was talking relatively recently about honouring his contract.

There's no way, in my opinion, he's just thought I'm off with 2 years left on my contract, that's millions and millions of pounds he'd be walking away from. Sure he might be well off already but people just don't do that. He was talking relatively recently about honouring his contract.

I think we are still planning to pay him and his staff until they find a new job. I'm sure I read that somewhere.

I think we are still planning to pay him and his staff until they find a new job. I'm sure I read that somewhere.
Isn't that what usually happens when a manager is sacked, either that or they can't work for another club whilst they're still being paid for the duration of their contract, sure I read somewhere about that happening with Poch after Spurs sacked him.

Totally different circumstances I know but hear me out...

I'm an absolute bulldog at work and very good at my job, anybody on here who knows me will tell you I'm a pretty robust character and that translates to my work. I'm very passionate about it and give everything and for that I'm pretty highly thought of. Then last year something personal happened that broke me, and I mean properly broke me. I'd been dealing with it a while without anybody knowing and still gave my all to my job but the breaking point came and I crumbled. I couldn't do it anymore. I was out of work for six months and through a lot of that I didn't care about money or anything else, just that my kids were OK and even then I came close to failing. I didn't even care if I had no job to go back to. Luckily I did and I'm back in full flow now.

Sometimes things happen to people that make them do EXACTLY that, nothing is always that binary. Nuno looked sad to be leaving us but relieved it was happening.

Spot on Boozad. And that's all bad enough without being in a different country to your wife and children and unable to see them except for on a Zoom/FaceTime call

Totally different circumstances I know but hear me out...

I'm an absolute bulldog at work and very good at my job, anybody on here who knows me will tell you I'm a pretty robust character and that translates to my work. I'm very passionate about it and give everything and for that I'm pretty highly thought of. Then last year something personal happened that broke me, and I mean properly broke me. I'd been dealing with it a while without anybody knowing and still gave my all to my job but the breaking point came and I crumbled. I couldn't do it anymore. I was out of work for six months and through a lot of that I didn't care about money or anything else, just that my kids were OK and even then I came close to failing. I didn't even care if I had no job to go back to. Luckily I did and I'm back in full flow now.

Sometimes things happen to people that make them do EXACTLY that, nothing is always that binary. Nuno looked sad to be leaving us but relieved it was happening.
Fair enough mate, very well put. I guess your right, it's all relative isn't it. Some things are more important than money, and like you say he did seem like a broken man during the pandemic.

Why would we let him go for 35m euros, especially as a new manager is incoming?
It would be a terrible decision.

Was told Neves’ house went up for sale a few weeks ago but just ignored it as bullshit. I’m driving past Wergs tonight so I’ll “verify”.
I presumed most players just rented through Millennium Properties?

Fair enough mate, very well put. I guess your right, it's all relative isn't it. Some things are more important than money, and like you say he did seem like a broken man during the pandemic.
He did indeed and personally I just don't think it was all down to the football. On Sunday he was fighting back the tears and it seemed like while he didn't want to leave he knew he had to leave. He also looked like a massive weight had been lifted off his shoulders. I could be reading too much into it, I don't know, but as of now I'm far from convinced he was sacked. Jeff could well have been crying as much as me and Darlo were, pair of soft bald bastards.

Back