• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I'm a bit twitchy about the prospect of someone like Lage because of the level of uncertainty, but I do think if something like that goes through we have to generally wait and see a little, just like we did signing the young lads most of us hadn't heard of in the summer.

I think people who were relaxed about that surely should be relaxed about this to an extent, for consistency at least?
I get your point but the manager is a much bigger deal than a young player.

I do think it's time for Neves to move on, he hasn't looked or played to the top of his ability consistently for a while now.

It's only my view but he looks like he's probably ready for his next challenge, and without realising it doesn't have the same hunger / desire that he had when we first got into the premier league.

That said, it should be for more than £35m

I do think it's time for Neves to move on, he hasn't looked or played to the top of his ability consistently for a while now.

It's only my view but he looks like he's probably ready for his next challenge, and without realising it doesn't have the same hunger / desire that he had when we first got into the premier league.

That said, it should be for more than £35m
I think Neves has had a very good season. One of if not our best player.

I think Neves has had a very good season. One of if not our best player.
I don't think he's hit the heights he's capable of though. From his perspective, I think he needs a new challenge.

£35 million would be a snip and expect over a dozen clubs around Europe trying to sign him at that price.
People would then rightfully question what direction we’re heading.

Selling your best players rarely turns out to be a very good idea. Add in that we're likely to appoint someone who has never managed in English football and that we have very little in terms of football expertise above whoever the head coach happens to be (other than Mendes, who doesn't officially work for us).

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely want him to stay. I do think from a Neves perspective though, it's the right time for him to move on.

I don’t think we’re getting the most out of Neves but that’s not his fault. His defensive work is first class, but we could sign a bog standard DM to his job better for a 1/3 of the cost. Yes we’d lose his other abilities but we aren’t really using them at the moment anyway.

I don’t think we’re getting the most out of Neves but that’s not his fault. His defensive work is first class, but we could sign a bog standard DM to his job better for a 1/3 of the cost. Yes we’d lose his other abilities but we aren’t really using them at the moment anyway.

I’d suggest keep him and use his abilities, instead recruiting again and relying on them settling into the side.

Anyone thought neves might not want to go, he could be settled in Wolverhampton, his kids are probably just about to start school, 10 minute commute to work, can walk around in town pretty much unmolested if he wants to, Rui and Raul have both said this in interviews in the past, alongside that if they are recognised the locals just say hi and pretty much leave them alone. Didn't someone on here say they see moutiniho outside the school gates often and again nobody really bothers him, bar the usual chatting that goes on outside schools with other parents

Many of our players arrived young and in relationships. Many since joining now have 1, 2 or 3 kids, which is great to see. Certainly proves they’ve adjusted well to living in the area.

Anyone thought neves might not want to go, he could be settled in Wolverhampton, his kids are probably just about to start school, 10 minute commute to work, can walk around in town pretty much unmolested if he wants to, Rui and Raul have both said this in interviews in the past, alongside that if they are recognised the locals just say hi and pretty much leave them alone. Didn't someone on here say they see moutiniho outside the school gates often and again nobody really bothers him, bar the usual chatting that goes on outside schools with other parents
I'd love this to be true......my only concern is one of the big boys comes calling for him with a big wodge.....I certainly wouldn't blame if he went under those circumstances.

Mate who told me about Jota before anything broke has just said Neves to Roma £35m. No idea whether it’s true or not but he was right about that and knowing who his source is I’d say it’s the first time I’m genuinely worried he’s going to go.

If true that's a lot of first XI players we're gonna need what with upgrades, long-term injuries and potential sales

So we’d have to replace him AND bring in the midfielder we needed anyway. Can’t see that happening though so would really weaken us

Saw arsenal being linked with Tapsoba, at the fee he’d command we probably aren’t interested anymore

So, the start of this window is going to be tough....for the sake of our sanity (mainly Jinks though) the rest of it needs to be fuckin immense

Back