• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Moutinho and Neves both going in the same window would basically decimate the midfield. Yes presumably replacement(s) would come in but would be a lot of upheaval.

Lage won't have any say on who we sell at the top of the market. If Jeff and co think it's good value/profit they'll be gone. I'd imagine he will be involved on who we move on because he doesn't think they fit what he's looking to do

The upheaval (if Neves, Rui, Joao) go just gives us even more work to do. A lot of pressure on the recruitment being spot on
I think we let ourselves in for this as soon as we decided to move on from Nuno, new players, new formation and style - it's going to be a lot to bed in during one pre season with the Euros too.

I think we're likely following a DoF model where the club suggests players, this was certainly the way under Thelwell. That way you don't have to rebuild from scratch when the head coach leaves.

Leicester's recruitment model is club based for example, not coach based.
I don't think this new guy has been brought in on the premise he has a complete squad overhaul. From what i have read and listened to(the only way i can get the info as i'm not on the board) he's here to work with the majority of who we have,bar some fresh legs in key areas. But he will want to look at the players first as he is the guy who they are handing the keys of the team to. He might have spent the last month looking at them anyway!
No one would take a managers job where the men upstairs have already managed the job for you. That's the same in any business.

In fairness, and even though i'm against what has transpired, we have to give this new guy a chance to show us what he can do. Nuno isn't coming back, however much some of us ( me included) would have it happen.
By all accounts this new guy is a great man manager. He might walk in to Compton and within 30 mins he is god, and everyone is onboard, or they might not be.
We'll only find out through the press. I hope it's the former, and the squad literally would walk through a brick wall for the bloke.

Walk through a wall to sign for someone else? 😬

Going to get a real good look at the pairing of Donk and Owen next year potentially.

These owners and Im sure the new manager are not going to oversea the exits of Neves, Traore, Moutinho, Patricio and Saiss all in one window..

Moutinho and Neves both going in the same window would basically decimate the midfield. Yes presumably replacement(s) would come in but would be a lot of upheaval.
It will, but midfield is also where half our problems stem from. Ripping it up and starting again (moutinho was going anyway), is probably the best strategy. Donck and two 8s for me (Vitinha and someone else).

Cue the you can't take notice of transfer fees with Mendes posts🙄

He’s worth more than Buendia so would be dreadful business by the club (again).

This is what the Premier League is about unless you're Manchester City or Liverpool. Just ask Southampton.

Except when Southampton had their bones picked they didn't accept a bag of scratchings and bus fare home for first choice players.

I live in Greece I have done for the last 32 years, so my inside knowledge of what is going on at wolves is fuck all!
Basically the same as all of yours unless you are Jeff's child legal or otherwise.
I have my opinions based on what has happened, but frankly they are founded on a meringue, and mean fuck all!
So chaps speculate by all means, I personally think fosun dumped nuno, but what do I know, however I cannot for the life of me believe that they did that with no plan, and that includes who they would sell, who they would bring in and what the future plan is.
Fosun command the ship, you may want to put a second life jacket on, but me, until I hear the alarm I am going to the bar to see if that fit blond is still there.
Breathe people , fosun know more than you, like it or not!

I'll be relieved when the first of the dominoes of this pre-season falls and something actually happens, as all this speculation is quite depressing...

Any team selling players this season aren't going to get the previous market value. However saying that, if we were to sell Neves for £35million it's a steal for whoever gets him. Especially when you consider we paid that much for Fabio twelve months ago.

New manager makes this different slightly, but if people were making a ranking of signings they wanted, and imagine their is zero restrictions what-so-ever, what would be the rank order for you? These would be mine

1) CB
2) 2nd striker
3) Alt Nou
4) Vitinha
5) wide player
6) back up keeper
7) deep CM/mix up option
8) a rising Star from the Asia/South American leagues*

*okay that one isn't real but they mentioned it several times during the ask Wolves!

Wolves are reportedly ’leading the race’ for Sporting’s Joāo Palhinha.

Everton, Leicester and CSKA Moscow are also said to be interested in Palhinha who, as it stands, has a €30m valuation. [source: Correio da Manha via Sport Witness]

#WWFC | #Wolves https://t.co/8HZxnMaAM4

Back