• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Was obviously joking with my snotter talk, personally I think we are only a few years away from "can you believes Jota, Neves and Neto all played for Wolves at the same time!" sort of posts from accounts, not memes but not far from it, as they all have the potential to be brilliant. Neves at a bigger more expansive team is going to be the next Jota where suddenly everyone realises we weren't taking the piss by saying how good they were.

I see people (admittedly not here) saying he wasn't that good this year, he was often playing well above the levels of the others despite a very poor collective season.

Jota is the same Jota we had, he just has better players around him (I don't begrudge him that at all and we got a fair price for him). I stand by my assessment that Neto has the higher ceiling (not to say he'll get there).

I think Neves will get better, that's my issue with it. We're not selling him at peak value, especially given the market and what the last 18 months has caused.

Sarkic might be going to Coventry.

We'll have no-one left!!
I'm expecting a picture of our trophy cabinet disappearing down Waterloo Road to be on Twitter in 3..2..1.... :rolleyes:

They've turned a few players needed into a complete club overhaul. It's fucking madness..

9BEDABDB-FBFA-449A-8516-A5B2F6F1A2E6.jpeg
Wolves are reportedly interested in Braga defensive midfielder Samú Costa, who has been on loan at Almería this season. [source: Diario de Almería]

Obligatory YouTube video:

Not a clue about him.

That seems very steep for a player of that profile though?

£25m seems a lot for him. But then if he's the next Neves maybe not.

£45m for Neves, get this guy and we've still got a couple of mil once Jorge takes his cut

£25m seems a lot for him. But then if he's the next Neves maybe not.

£45m for Neves, get this guy and we've still got a couple of mil once Jorge takes his cut
Neves has done a lot more by a similar age though, This guy has hardly any senior appearances.

All those players we are "in" for. With the supposed budget that would just about buy a 1/4 oz bag of suck.

Jota is the same Jota we had, he just has better players around him (I don't begrudge him that at all and we got a fair price for him). I stand by my assessment that Neto has the higher ceiling (not to say he'll get there).

I think Neves will get better, that's my issue with it. We're not selling him at peak value, especially given the market and what the last 18 months has caused.
Jota looks better at Liverpool as he receives the ball much further up the pitch so is more of a threat. Increasingly at Wolves he would get it near the half way line and even if he beat a couple of defenders he would still be nowhere near threatening positions.

I’d imagine Neves would excel in just the same way as he’d be further up the pitch and have a number of options to pass to.

Bit silly taking these rumours seriously but I’ll do it anyway.

Fee certainly won’t be €25m for a player who has played half a season in the Spanish second tier. €5m would probably be more accurate. Although we paid €40m for Fabio so on that metric €25m is a steal.

Jota looks better at Liverpool as he receives the ball much further up the pitch so is more of a threat. Increasingly at Wolves he would get it near the half way line and even if he beat a couple of defenders he would still be nowhere near threatening positions.

I’d imagine Neves would excel in just the same way as he’d be further up the pitch and have a number of options to pass to.
..and Adama

You won't ever get better output from Adama than you get here. I can understand why people would want to buy him, but you aren't going to get loads of goals all of a sudden.

You won't ever get better output from Adama than you get here. I can understand why people would want to buy him, but you aren't going to get loads of goals all of a sudden.
You play Adama higher up the pitch, he'll be less effective. He's not a beat a player in 3 strides and put a cross in player

Back