• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

What is the punishment if we don't do what we agreed? Is the fine increased to EUR 600k?

We should be well within the rules judging by the 2020 figures, the Profit of Jota/Doherty in the 2021 figures and the additional Premier League prize monies/TV rights from 2020 that were delayed into 2021.
No clue on what the punishement is, haven't seen anything. Just know that UEFA can and will ban if agreements are broken (unless you are a huge club of course)

The 3 years figures we should be fine, but we have stumbled on the 1st part of the agreement and I think that is where the worry is and getting that back on track.

Agree on the previous comment that it would be great for a journalist to clarfiy all this but it won't happen

Was it Milan that pulled out of the Europa knowing if they entered and UEFA looked at their 3 year losses they would get a ban?
Right so this was Milan got a 2 year ban and a £13m fine for breaching UEFA FFP agreement. They appealed and we allowed back into Europe but they then talked with UEFA and agreed to take a year out to allow their books to be balanced. By removing themselves from the competition they got rid of the worst year from the 3 UEFA would see (crazy spending spree) and the previous agreement was now void. So essentially by the time they qualified again they met the basic requirements for FFP and UEFA couldn't see the crazy losses anymore

There's the best part of a £55m swing from the published accounts for the 2020 year end given the impacts of COVID. We'd have made a £17.6m profit had the suspended broadcasting income not been deferred, so presumably that will be added onto this years resultsand coupled with the zero net spend last summer, you'd imagine the 20/21 results should be looking very healthy, even with the best part of no matchday revenue.

The conditions imposed as part of the UEFA sanction aren't new news. If we are expected to believe they are genuinely a reason for a relative low spend, it is valid to question whether spending £36m on a kid who wouldn't be first team ready for 2 seasons was a good use of resources, irrespective of how high you think his bar is

There's the best part of a £55m swing from the published accounts for the 2020 year end given the impacts of COVID. We'd have made a £17.6m profit had the suspended broadcasting income not been deferred, so presumably that will be added onto this years resultsand coupled with the zero net spend last summer, you'd imagine the 20/21 results should be looking very healthy, even with the best part of no matchday revenue.

A zero net spend in cash terms should result in a large profit in accounting terms. The spending would be written off over the length of their contracts whereas Jota and Doherty should be at least +£45m from their values on the books.

The conditions imposed as part of the UEFA sanction aren't new news. If we are expected to believe they are genuinely a reason for a relative low spend, it is valid to question whether spending £36m on a kid who wouldn't be first team ready for 2 seasons was a good use of resources, irrespective of how high you think his bar is
Or £29m on a right back (I like him, but hey, come on).

If you were to assess Fosun's tenure as an outsider you'd be more inclined to think they got lucky with a couple of freebies off Uncle Jorge than having any kind of underlying genius policy. They aren't very good owners.

Would have to presume the signing was made last year as we wanted him and knew come January we wouldn't be able to do so (if I am understanding the Brexit implications correctly) and it just meant we had a close to zero net spend, so no major issue there. We could of course signed an Ollie Watkins type instead but as we haven't done 1 deal like that under Fosun then not like we changed our policy.

Would have to presume the signing was made last year as we wanted him and knew come January we wouldn't be able to do so (if I am understanding the Brexit implications correctly) and it just meant we had a close to zero net spend, so no major issue there. We could of course signed an Ollie Watkins type instead but as we haven't done 1 deal like that under Fosun then not like we changed our policy.
All of that is correct, but still a poor allocation of resources. Put it this way within around a year we are likely to be swapping Neves for Fabio plus £5m or thereabouts if rumours are to be believed

I don't think they are, it's a brand exposure exercise and they've had their pound of flesh.

I don't consider appointing Zenga, appointing Butti, appointing Lambert, appointing Vinny Clark, giving Matt Wild a football-facing role, making Scott Sellars DoF (no experience in senior football), appointing Bruno Lage or lying to the fans to be good moves, they've also consistently raised ticket prices, done nothing to an increasingly tired stadium and they're now systematically downgrading the squad.

We could have worse owners, I just don't think they're good owners. I certainly don't support Fosun FC as some seem to.

Well you are presuming they are lying, unless you have the documents they have to provide to UEFA then that is guess work on your behalf isn't it

It's basic maths, unless we're falsifying accounts which would be a much greater problem.

It's a lie, Jez used to tell them all the time. Jeff can do the same if he wants, he'll get the same response.

I don't suppose there is any way that we can ban this hyperbolic nonsense or doom-mongering ( and any over enthusiastic best thing since Hovis are Fosun type comments) until we actually have something tangible to throw our collective Teddys from the pram at? I am getting notifications pop up and I keep jumping in to see what has been said and its basically the same tennis match between Fosun FC and Nunos old boys! I dont want to miss something important or a new debate but come on. Can we just agree that its too early to say from either side of the tennis net?

Nope. We broke part 1 of the agreement. Now we have no clue what the discussiosn are with UEFA regarding this, so a presumption of lying.

Christ, Nuno has been sacked and the fucking sky has fallen in. Thats me done on the forum/internet until we start playing football again I think.

It's basic maths, unless we're falsifying accounts which would be a much greater problem.

It's a lie, Jez used to tell them all the time. Jeff can do the same if he wants, he'll get the same response.
I did the numbers before. We could have a net spend of £120m this year and still be ok within FFP. I made a lot of assumptions, but they were reasonable ones. Let’s say I was 50% out and we’ve got £60m to spend net, the sell to buy for FFP is a load of bollocks. They don’t want to put the money in. That’s fine, but don’t talk about being a global brand, talk about 40 points isntead.

Nope. We broke part 1 of the agreement. Now we have no clue what the discussiosn are with UEFA regarding this, so a presumption of lying.

Christ, Nuno has been sacked and the fucking sky has fallen in. Thats me done on the forum/internet until we start playing football again I think.
I'll tell you right now that UEFA have not come down on us like a ton of bricks because of our £39m accounting loss in 2020.

The sky hasn't fallen in, the owners (or the people who the owners employ) are making stupid decisions. "Wait and see" isn't a position in this situation.

I don't think they are, it's a brand exposure exercise and they've had their pound of flesh.

I don't consider appointing Zenga, appointing Butti, appointing Lambert, appointing Vinny Clark, giving Matt Wild a football-facing role, making Scott Sellars DoF (no experience in senior football), appointing Bruno Lage or lying to the fans to be good moves, they've also consistently raised ticket prices, done nothing to an increasingly tired stadium and they're now systematically downgrading the squad.

We could have worse owners, I just don't think they're good owners. I certainly don't support Fosun FC as some seem to.

I think many of your points have validity, but, with respect, I think in your concern you're snowballing them a bit.

Underwhelming club appointments and the odd duff manager in the early days surely are minor sticks to beat Fosun with, and you can't also pad the argument out with things that haven't even happened yet (like the downgrading).

You could very well be spot on come the end of the summer, but I think at moment too much is unknown to be that certain.

We did get the Jimmy Nail masterpiece out of all this, however, so I can't complain too much!

Also demolished the TWF clique myth as I've been arguing with my best mate for a couple of hours.

Or was it all a set-up?

200.gif

Back