• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Wasn't on purpose. I am still against him, he seems more like the new Steve Kean than the new Nuno to me, I found the whole "what did Nuno actually win" rhetoric of the last few pages pretty disrespectful.

How much more respect (shorthand for uncritical adoration?) for the new Spurs manager are you guys demanding from the rest of us??

Even for the best Wolves managers and players in our history there has to be some balance in how we appraise them.

Cutone will be gone. Trincao is not a player you want to play through the middle at all.
Wasn't being entirely serious...about Cutrone anyway, I'm sure I read somewhere Trincao can play up the middle

Bit of noise on social media about Mendes offering Vitinha to Spurs and Nuno, as we’ve not taken up the option to sign him.

Yeah, I think Vitinha is finished with us. We'd have sorted something out by now.

It's a shame but obviously I don't know how we're going to play under Lage, we were struggling to find him a spot as it was.

Yeah, but a drop is a drop, however small :D

You'd struggle to make a case for him being better than Rui.

Reactions: jlo
I will miss Patricio, but i had the feeling he was getting complacement. Looking forward to seeing Sa though, he should be hungrier than Rui was.

Yeah, but a drop is a drop, however small :D

You'd struggle to make a case for him being better than Rui.
You know my feelings on it but it's done (almost)...just hope we are stealing his nickname from the Olympiacos fans in the next couple of months.

If any other club made this appointment, we'd be wondering what on earth they were up to. He doesn't have the background you would expect a top 10 Premier League club (which we still would have been last season if Raul had been fit, whatever you think about how we played) to handpick as their manager. Not even close.

Spurs have qualified for Europe every single season since 2011. So Nuno is good enough for them but not good enough for us, and Bruno Lage (who has basically half a good season on his CV, with the biggest team in the country) is better? That's some hard sell.
I don’t think the ‘good enough for them’ argument is a fair one. I very much doubt any of us would’ve taken, say solskjaer for example.

when nuno came in my first response was ‘who on earth is he’. Aware that we are at a far different stage than we were then, but don’t think there is enough evidence to say what lage is like either way.

you are correct in no other club would probably have employed him in the prem, but it is what it is. I for one will be getting behind the bloke, as much as I loved nuno.

managers tend to have a short shelf life nowadays until things go stale. Maybe the modern footballer. Who knows

It's true that he wasn't Spurs' first choice, however they do deem him good enough to manage them, we don't think he's good enough to manage Wolves. That seems perverse to me.

I make absolutely no apologies for being dismayed at what we've done with our manager and our goalkeeper (and who knows what later), it defies all logic. Let alone how awful the people at the top end of the club are.
Don’t think people think he isn’t good enough? Sometimes things go stale. Don’t think anyone is doubting his credibility for what he’s done for the club

I'm sure he could do a job as a second striker if needed and injuries stacked up but he's better out wide.
The Canadian lad (can’t remember his name) me be blooded into the squad.

I wonder if Leicester fans were as lovesick about their players and manager going... and they actually won the frickin' league!

I wonder if Leicester fans were as lovesick about their players and manager going... and they actually won the frickin' league!
The players were probably lovesick as they stopped having lost match Pizzas!

Back