• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

It's true that he wasn't Spurs' first choice, however they do deem him good enough to manage them, we don't think he's good enough to manage Wolves. That seems perverse to me.

I make absolutely no apologies for being dismayed at what we've done with our manager and our goalkeeper (and who knows what later), it defies all logic. Let alone how awful the people at the top end of the club are.

I mean, we were never going to keep Nuno until the end of days, were we?

We know Fosun is ruthless. When they got rid of Zenga and Lambert that ruthlessness was a good thing. They've now been ruthless at the first signs of things getting stale under Nuno (and, COVID circumstances aside, they did give him the entire season to try to show there was progress being made, and it never happened).

We either go along with that ruthlessness or we don't; I don't think we can have it both ways.

Deutsch, you may end up being proved correct but is there any chance you could stop repeating the same rhetoric every day about Lage, Nuno or whatever? It is making several threads unreadable. You have stated your view , others have countered. Time will now tell who is right. But until then please, stop harping on about it.

It's true that he wasn't Spurs' first choice, however they do deem him good enough to manage them, we don't think he's good enough to manage Wolves. That seems perverse to me.

Spurs judgement surely isn't beyond reproach though, they splashed out for Doc from us last season!

I think you have to take timing into account too, it's not a question of, all things being equal, Nuno not being good enough for us, more that he had run out of steam with this project and these players. There's a good chance he even felt that himself?

Who ever said it was a question of Nuno being good enough? We want to change our direction, and Nuno's not the man to take us there- doesn't need to be any more rancorous than that.

Being a football manager isn't a game of Top Trumps, with objective numbers that we can compare to see which manager's better or worse. Sure, Nuno's accomplished more in the game than Lage, but he's never been able to evolve a team into a front-foot, attacking outfit. We gave him the chance to evolve the team last season, and it didn't work out- seems reasonable to try someone who we think can, even if he doesn't have Nuno's accomplishments.

Who ever said it was a question of Nuno being good enough? We want to change our direction, and Nuno's not the man to take us there- doesn't need to be any more rancorous than that.
Then it comes down to who is qualified to make that judgement. Jeff Shi and Matt Wild aren't, Guo Guangchang isn't.

How are they unqualified? Shi seems to have done alright so far, no?

Then it comes down to who is qualified to make that judgement. Jeff Shi and Matt Wild aren't, Guo Guangchang isn't.
I mean... they are. We can disagree all we want, but they're running the show, and it isn't their first go round either.

Is Nuno really the only man involved in the running of the club over the past few years you have any respect for at all?

Qualified or not that is Jeff's job. Guo barely touches anything Wolves related and like other busineses Fosun own/part own they put a person in charge and leave them to it. They only get involved if things go wrong.
So if Jeff has made a right royal fuck up with the Nuno/Lage decision, then its very likely we will see another person from the Fosun Group come in. Jeff has decided to put people around him he trusts to advise and guide before he makes a final decision. Whether you or we like them in those roles doesn't matter as Jeff trusts their advice, if he didn't they also would be elsewhere.
Its been like that since the day Jeff was appointed to run us. He changed his working arrangements after 1 year and a few people have gone on to new things but its always been that way. This is Jeff Shi's biggest moment right now, he has it wrong we get annoyed and moan forever and he probably gets a job on the telephones at Thomas Cook.

Deutsch, you may end up being proved correct but is there any chance you could stop repeating the same rhetoric every day about Lage, Nuno or whatever? It is making several threads unreadable. You have stated your view , others have countered. Time will now tell who is right. But until then please, stop harping on about it.
Of all the posters that have made this whole forum unusable, DW would struggle to break into the top ten. (Edit: not an aim at you either)

Shit, this thread has certainly developed in one direction. I hope im not in the top 10 anyway..

• Haha
Reactions: jlo
Would it be fair to question why we're signing and selling players, but the manager isn't making any comment at all? Sellars is doing the lot. He's been here for a while now and we have our first friendly in three days.

There's some spin going on here! Yes, 9th choice Nuno is the spurs manager. However the only reason he wasn't the Palace manager first was because his backroom team was too big. Yes, Lage was in charge for the worst run in Benfica's history. But he was also in charge for the best run in Portuguese football history!

The geezer ain't Pep, and he ain't Mark Hughes. He's not a proven failure, and he's not a PE teacher we're trying for a laugh. He's a change though, and we needed that. It might be a bit shit, or it might get us 7th. I'm willing to bet he'll never have lower points and goals total than we had last season in the few years he's with us, though - and that if he's here at least three years that he'll have beaten Nuno's record haul

Back