• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

The type of bang average signing Dave Jones would make.

Hopefully Watford steal a march on us and sign him.

We've gone from signing Neves and Moutinho to relegated cloggers like this.

The club is in a terrible state at the moment.
So it’s a yes from you?!

The type of bang average signing Dave Jones would make.

Hopefully Watford steal a march on us and sign him.

We've gone from signing Neves and Moutinho to relegated cloggers like this.

The club is in a terrible state at the moment.
I think we've needed someone like him for a while, you can't have a team full of Neves and Moutinhos.

As Zidane once said, "why put another another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the engine"

I think we've needed someone like him for a while, you can't have a team full of Neves and Moutinhos.

As Zidane once said, "why put another another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the engine"
If we play 3-4-3 there is no place for him.

If we play 4-4-2 with 2 deep lying midfielders you have Neves and Donk so why buy a 29yr old clogger?

Much rather buy a younger player who can step in and learn his trade.

If we play 4-3-3 Neves plays as the deep playmaker (4 or 6 depending on your country) or Donk as your defensive sitter and Yokoslu isn't better than either.

Hopefully the rumour is as rubbish as he is.

If we play 4-4-2 with 2 deep lying midfielders you have Neves and Donk so why buy a 29yr old clogger?

If we play 4-3-3 Neves plays as the deep playmaker (4 or 6 depending on your country) or Donk as your defensive sitter and Yokoslu isn't better than either.

Hopefully the rumour is as rubbish as he is.
I thought he was 26. I don't know what a clogger TBF.

Let's face it, Donk excels at pretty much nothing. There's 'playing several positions', and there's doing it well. And Yokuslu is 27 not 29.

Last season we bought a youngster to learn his trade at CF and ended up using him for half a season. Neves and Donk might be fine in that role but if one them is out who comes in?

For £5m he’s be a good addition, especially as he’d add much needed height, and it leaves us money to spend elsewhere.

I'm in two minds, it does seem like a huge about turn in ambition as Johnny says, but on the other hand it does represent a good value deal, and it's probably the sort of squad player signing we should have made a couple more times in the last couple of years.

I'm pretty on the fence about him, but we're not a club where every signing has to be a superstar. As for a downturn in ambition, I don't think it's any less ambitious than signing Dendoncker?

Last season we bought a youngster to learn his trade at CF and ended up using him for half a season. Neves and Donk might be fine in that role but if one them is out who comes in?

For £5m he’s be a good addition, especially as he’d add much needed height, and it leaves us money to spend elsewhere.
Whilst not getting drawn into a Fabio conversation, if he was bought for the same price Yokoslu was then there would be much lower expectations than currently, much like Mosquera's.

If you like a snotter/ clogger/ limited shithouse footballer then fill your boots. I thought we were aiming for top 7 not avoiding relegation and he was shockingly poor in the Euro's to boot.

I don't know, we signed Donk as an up and coming 23 year old with a good reputation who was playing for a top International side.

This guy has just been relegated with Albion and played for one of the worst sides at the Euros?

Don't think I had the pleasure of watching Turkey in the Euros, but from what I thought I saw of him at Albion I thought he was more mobile and quicker than a clogger? More of an early PL Karl Henry...the bit before he turned into a clogger

Fuck all of this, where is our new centre back, we need one oh so badly, is Lage asleep or what ?

Back