• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

15? God is that right?
Sa
Ruddy
RAN
Marcal
Semedo
Hoever
Coady
Saiss
Kilman
Donk
Moutinho
Neves
MGW
Traore
Raul
Trincao
Silva

17 if we include goalkeepers. Guessing Mosquera, Boly and Podence aren’t particularly close to being back.
or we have another couple of injuries

Well the easy answer to Bruno is "you've got no right to have this job, really".
You really need to let this go, particularly when it’s not really true.

He’s had an extensive coaching career, many of those years at a massive club, and has spent time in England. He’s also actually been a manager at some point.

He infinitely more qualified than Arteta, who has walked into a much bigger job.

Admittedly if he wasn’t a Mendes client then he wouldn’t be in the running, but that’s the way the club have decided to operate.

I mean, if you want to ignore the likes of Jonny, Patricio, Boly, Jota, Raul, Neto, Dendoncker, and Semedo, I guess that's your prerogative. But that's a lot of "decent" players to throw out with the bathwater.

Jonny, Rui, Boly, Jota, Raul and Dendoncker were all signed or arrived on loan in July/August 2018.

So what you're saying is since then we've signed two "decent" players in the subsequent five windows combined.

The team from the first PL season playing 352 would beat the current one in a 343 even without injuries pretty comfortably. That's a somewhat damning assesement of our recruitment since then imo.
Appalling recruitment on the club's part given the riches of the PL.

Not one playing position increased in quality and a downgrade on at least two (Patricio for Sa and Trincao for Jota). Could argue Neves is a better player than when he came up but Saiss, Boly and Moutinho have regressed and no effort made to improve in any of those positions.

I knew that when I signed in and had over 10 pages to read on this thread that it would be a waste of time...

...and yet here I still am.

I've been trying to catch up on this thread for 2 days now and just reached this comment. I've had to clear my history several times.

I simply have to read every single Wolves post.

Still 3 pages to go. Very excite!

Thing is though, at that transfer fee he's still actually really good value as whole package. It's ridiculous money, of course it is, but to get player of his calibre and potential for 5 years, for a total of under £40m including fees and wages, is something I'd happily do

Thing is though, at that transfer fee he's still actually really good value as whole package. It's ridiculous money, of course it is, but to get player of his calibre and potential for 5 years, for a total of under £40m including fees and wages, is something I'd happily do
Nah if he had a decent season he'd be back asking for 150 grand a week and kicking up a stink. Plus how's the rest of the squad going to feel when an 18 year old turns up on more than all of them.

Nah if he had a decent season he'd be back asking for 150 grand a week and kicking up a stink. Plus how's the rest of the squad going to feel when an 18 year old turns up on more than all of them.
All of them except for Joao :)

Is Moriba already so demonstrably better value than Fabio that we can really get on the club's back for "overpaying" on the one whilst asking them to spend 100k/week on the other?

True, I'd thought about contract extensions a few minutes after I'd posted. And tbf it doesn't speak wonderfully of his character and attitude

Jonny, Rui, Boly, Jota, Raul and Dendoncker were all signed or arrived on loan in July/August 2018.

So what you're saying is since then we've signed two "decent" players in the subsequent five windows combined.
Fair enough, I'll leave it.

It isn't the player but the greedy cunts hanging onto him. An agency called ROGON in Germany, they destroyed whatever career Max Meyer had by not extending his contract in Germany, going on a free to Palace, mutual termination when they found out he wasn't as good as his agents had told him he was and now he can't get a club. Meyer is only 25.

He needs to get away from them sharpish or he'll end up the same way and that would be sad for a boy of that talent.

It's also hilarious timing when Barca are in full financial meltdown and they are (supposedly) chancing their arm like this.

Like, you could not have picked a worse gambit. Club can barely afford to get Aguero and Depay registered to play but sure, lets pay this kid a huge lump.

It isn't the player but the greedy cunts hanging onto him. An agency called ROGON in Germany, they destroyed whatever career Max Meyer had by not extending his contract in Germany, going on a free to Palace, mutual termination when they found out he wasn't as good as his agents had told him he was and now he can't get a club. Meyer is only 25.

He needs to get away from them sharpish or he'll end up the same way and that would be sad for a boy of that talent.
Wasn't Meyer excellent in Germany? I remember being very surprised to see him still only on the bench for Palace when he was toward the end of his time there.

Barcelona should be the absolute textbook in how not to ever run a business, but you know a ton of others will be also signing players they simply cannot afford. And the market will be sludge for everyone as a result.

Last edited:
Back