• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Lage in the Spurs presser about transfers:

I prefer not to say. The important thing is our chairman knows what we need. We want top players to be more competitive. For now, we're training with 15 professional players.

Roughly interpreted as: "sign some fucking players, Jeff"

So we only need another 7 in by next week to get to two good players per position he wants.

15? God is that right?
Sa
Ruddy
RAN
Marcal
Semedo
Hoever
Coady
Saiss
Kilman
Donk
Moutinho
Neves
MGW
Traore
Raul
Trincao
Silva

17 if we include goalkeepers. Guessing Mosquera, Boly and Podence aren’t particularly close to being back.

It's not his fault that we haven't had a decent transfer window for three years tbf
Correct Del Woppio, and if Jeff wants "runs a successful football club" on his business CV, he had better get his hand in his fucking pocket ,sharpishly.

It's not his fault that we haven't had a decent transfer window for three years tbf
Saying our last six windows have been less than decent is a smidge revisionist, don't you think?

15? God is that right?
Sa
Ruddy
RAN
Marcal
Semedo
Hoever
Coady
Saiss
Kilman
Donk
Moutinho
Neves
MGW
Traore
Raul
Trincao
Silva

17 if we include goalkeepers. Guessing Mosquera, Boly and Podence aren’t particularly close to being back.

We only ned two more to make 22 then!

Neto and Johnny would make it 24 when they return.

Podence cant be far off now, he was in at the start of the goalkeeper video..

I mean, if you want to ignore the likes of Jonny, Patricio, Boly, Jota, Raul, Neto, Dendoncker, and Semedo, I guess that's your prerogative. But that's a lot of "decent" players to throw out with the bathwater.

Tim Spiers
@TimSpiers

17m
Lage says there have no been no bids for Traore or Neves. "Real proposals? No. From my point of view we have to protect our best players. Ruben and Adama are our best players."

19m

Lage on incomings "We're trying. The market is in a very hard position, too many clubs without money to buy. Other clubs are protecting their players. "We know what we want, we're working very hard. "I'm confident we'll get deals over the line."

Podence cant be far off now, he was in at the start of the goalkeeper video..
Back in full training this week but with no pre-season, probably looking at returning the first game in September

I mean, if you want to ignore the likes of Jonny, Patricio, Boly, Jota, Raul, Neto, Dendoncker, and Semedo, I guess that's your prerogative. But that's a lot of "decent" players to throw out with the bathwater.
Other than Neto and Semedo (who was terrible value), they were all on the pitch 4 years ago.

We haven't improved our eleven in the 3 years since that first summer in the PL, it's pretty difficult to argue that fact

Back