• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Zouma is confirmed to West Ham now, so we may see some Kounde and Botman movement...

Chelsea will have made a profit this summer once the Zouma deal has gone through. They might blow that apart again on Kounde and Saul though.

Arsenal have around a £100m net spend which is quite something seeing who they've signed. City are around the £50m net spend mark at the moment.
Given Chelsea win the UCL you'd think they'd have a fair amount to spend.

One has. Norwich have spent £54m (sold Buendia for £34m), Brentford £34m and Watford £12m.

We have spent £23m, but our outgoings currently total £28m (probably slightly less as Huesca got a chunk of the Mir fee)

We have spent £23m, but our outgoings currently total £28m (probably slightly less as Huesca got a chunk of the Mir fee)
So they've all got a bigger net spend than us.

I still expect us to sign a couple of players (which is still not covering all the positions we need imo) but there's no excuse for the club if we don't get the players we need come Tuesday.

And I don't think anyone is excusing a lack of business... it's just that no one else is really doing business either unless they've had a huge influx of cash (see Villa)

I still expect us to sign a couple of players (which is still not covering all the positions we need imo) but there's no excuse for the club if we don't get the players we need come Tuesday.
I don't think anyone will be happy if that is the case

If you look back through the last few years you see its pretty common for the newly promoted sides to outspend a lot of the lower to mid sides.

Chelsea’s income from sales is always amazing. They buy so many kids and move them on for far more than they would fetch leaving any non-Champions League team.

Transfers aren't linear. One deal often relies on another 3/4 happening to make it possible. I'll similarly be disappointed if no one is added, quite often first choice targets are wanted by other sides, as well as clubs not wanting to let them go without a replacement signed. None of these are excuses, just facts. Why they didn't have had various options per position is definitely the question that should be asked if we come up short.

Can see why he shortens his first name "Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami Adarabioyo"

We were linked with him before he went to Fulham I think
Would he shut the fans up who are always saying we should sign a big name though? As far as I'm concerned that's a big name! Wouldn't sell many shirts with him on at £1 a letter

Love someone who has recently been outed as somebody who wouldn't say boo to a goose to people in person using laughing emoji on all my posts. 🤣 Classic

Would he shut the fans up who are always saying we should sign a big name though? As far as I'm concerned that's a big name! Wouldn't sell many shirts with him on at £1 a letter
Helluva scrabble score though

Back