• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Alan Nixon reckons kang in Lee is available for free now.
I mean, for free we could do worse, but I've never really got the hype around him. Really poor goalscoring record for an 'attacking midfielder'. 3 goals in the last 3 seasons...

With five days of the window left, it looks as though the best that we can hope for is one new player and holding on to Neves and Traore. The absolute worst case would be no signings and losing one of Neves and Traore. (I don't think we'll sell both this close to the deadline).

With five days of the window left, it looks as though the best that we can hope for is one new player and holding on to Neves and Traore. The absolute worst case would be no signings and losing one of Neves and Traore. (I don't think we'll sell both this close to the deadline).
How have you come to that deduction?

Neves is going nowhere and I highly doubt Spurs will pay what we want for Adama given they've kept hold of Kane. Personally, I think Adama signs a new contract.

This will have been a shocker of a window if we don't get at least three first team squad additions over the line this week.

I’m at the ‘dubious, yet hopeful’ phase regarding new signings. Really don’t want to see any outgoings, that would be a retrograde step IMO.

If my optimism was on a PH scale and Alkaline was positive, I started the window at around baking soda, I'm currently dove soap on the verge of turning into lemon juice, if we don't sign anyone else by Tuesday I'll be sulphuric acid.

For me, it's about quality, not quantity.

I'd rather have one or two players that push the team on than four who don't actually meaningfully improve us. The sort of names we're hearing give me confidence that we're looking for that.

I think we’ll get a centre back and a back up forward/attacker in. Less confident about getting the type of midfielder we need

Pft, we doe need no signings. Hang on to Traore and Neves...Kilman and Yerson are our two new CB's, Neves, Moutinho and Donk are fine in MF, Podences back and MGW on fire, Raul back.....what's to worry about?

Edit, I may have written this last night after coming back from the pub

The article basically says we held an interest under Nuno, but that we didn't really want to loan someone we had no chance of buying and that we were put off by the wages.

How have you come to that deduction?
A few things:
Signing a player permanently will require a two day medical, an incoming player would need to start their medical on Monday.

A loan with an option to buy wouldn't need a medical but wouldn't be attractive to clubs needing transfer fees.

When it comes to medicals, other clubs may be more gung-ho than Wolves so, in practical terms, selling is going to be easy than buying.

The perception that I have of Scott Sellars being quite a cautious person and will not want to make rushed decisions. I feel that he won't want to buy a player we haven't identified.

The clubs need not to make mistakes in this transfer window as Wolves at least need to get back to the top half of the PL to be more attractive to incoming players. (Yet caution on Wolves part, will make it far harder to get back chasing for European spots).

A few things:
Signing a player permanently will require a two day medical, an incoming player would need to start their medical on Monday.

A loan with an option to buy wouldn't need a medical but wouldn't be attractive to clubs needing transfer fees.

When it comes to medicals, other clubs may be more gung-ho than Wolves so, in practical terms, selling is going to be easy than buying.

The perception that I have of Scott Sellars being quite a cautious person and will not want to make rushed decisions. I feel that he won't want to buy a player we haven't identified.

The clubs need not to make mistakes in this transfer window as Wolves at least need to get back to the top half of the PL to be more attractive to incoming players. (Yet caution on Wolves part, will make it far harder to get back chasing for European spots).
So how do players sign on transfer deadline day if a two day medical is required?

Loan to buy is a fairly common practice though, particularly for us, and if it is an obligation to buy the selling club it isn't going to be overly concerned.

I don't know Scott Sellars so can't comment on what type of person he is, but Wolves have generally been quite thorough in their transfer dealings and we tend to get players that either the club or the manager know well - I have no problem with our diligence in that respect. Cutrone and Mir perhaps the exceptions which is not bad when you consider the number of players we have brought in since Fosun took over.

Back