• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I did like him at Salzburg but it really hasn't happened for him in Germany, for Leipzig or Hamburg when he was on loan there before.

He's a wide attacker who can also play through the middle though, and he does have ability.

Is this the lad Nuno apparently denied after a fee and everything was sorted?

Looks like moving to Hamburg broke him!

Is this the lad Nuno apparently denied after a fee and everything was sorted?

Looks like moving to Hamburg broke him!
Went on loan there a few years ago. Had a really strong season before joining Leipzig last year, I think.

" He is nicknamed the "Bull" in South Korea due to his aggressive playing style and surname"

Just do it

Perhaps because some clubs are prepared to take more risk than others?
Also transfers no longer work in the same way they used to do. So you can have players who have medicals before a deal is sorted.

A great example of that is Dan James. Leeds and Swansea hadn't agreed things fully but allowed James to talk to Leeds and he agreed personal terms, had his medical, did his promo shots, interview and even signed parts of his contract but he never moved as Swansea pulled the plug 1 minute before the deadline

Went on loan there a few years ago. Had a really strong season before joining Leipzig last year, I think.
Just going off Wiki, decent record at Salzburg and a loan at Liefering (no clue). Dreadful at Hambug and no goals return at Leipzig.

His nickname is Bull.....so some old chants can be used again, although not sure he will understand Hwang He-chan's a tatter...

Also transfers no longer work in the same way they used to do. So you can have players who have medicals before a deal is sorted.

A great example of that is Dan James. Leeds and Swansea hadn't agreed things fully but allowed James to talk to Leeds and he agreed personal terms, had his medical, did his promo shots, interview and even signed parts of his contract but he never moved as Swansea pulled the plug 1 minute before the deadline
Surely something would have leaked out if we have players taking medicals, agreeing personal terms, having promo shots.

Surely something would have leaked out if we have players taking medicals, agreeing personal terms, having promo shots.
I think the James one was pretty much leaked out in a "people have spotted him and ITK's confirming the deal is sorted" way. Poor lad spent something like 15 hours stuck inside Elland Road then had to leave with no deal.

Also medicals at the moment are being done in the players country. Lukaku did part of his medical in Milan for his Chelsea move.

I'd be content if he was the forward option we signed anyway. Could play across the front three of a 343, or either forward role in a 4411/4231.

The Lookman stuff has gone quiet, I've heard we'd cooled our interest for now, assume that was related to if Adama left

I think the James one was pretty much leaked out in a "people have spotted him and ITK's confirming the deal is sorted" way. Poor lad spent something like 15 hours stuck inside Elland Road then had to leave with no deal.

Also medicals at the moment are being done in the players country. Lukaku did part of his medical in Milan for his Chelsea move.

We do quite a lot of our medicals in London I think...

I think you're right YW. It would explain why things don't really get "leaked". Though to be honest in the time I've supported Wolves it's rare a transfer has been leaked out to the media (in the sense of a player signing afterwards). I think Cutrone is the most-leaked one in Fosun's time as he had cameras following him at the airport.

I think a lot of the leaking is down to agents trying to drum up last minute interest too - certainly that was the case with Cutrone as he never really wanted to come here.

Hwang is better than his record suggests. If you look at Adama on stats he'd look useless and we all know he isn't.

Back