• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Two left-footed CBs? I can’t see us doing that. Unless Botman is us (Mendes) trying to get OM panicking.
Bit of sensible bidding or genuinley after both and Saiss is popping off before the deadline (reality is probably a million miles from this)

I'd hope Duje is the fallback option...Botman certainly looks to have the higher ceiling

Or maybe Caleta-Car is us forcing the hand for Botman? Looks like Kounde to Chelsea could be in jeopardy too and they’re holding back Zouma’s move to West Ham.

DCC Wikipedia stating that he’s already a Wolves player!
Someone’s jumped the gun

Interesting to see Sevilla have suddenly upped the price they want for Kounde, wonder if it could have anything to do with our interest in Botman pushing his price up.

I've never understood why people see it as an either/or. Our none Mendes U23 recruitment track record is decent in a turning a profit, if not buying players who make the first team kind of way. If we don't sign a centre half in the next few days then it's got nothing to do with whether or not we sign Conor Coventry

Yeah, don't sign someone who has the potential to play at a high level for pennies because we need first team players. Like 2 million is anything for a premier League team. The equivalent of me spending 20p.
Not if they don’t sign anyone else. If they sign 3 first team ready players and get this young un in for development then no problem. But development players I don’t see as the priority. I am still reeling at 35 m for Fabio

Not if they don’t sign anyone else. If they sign 3 first team ready players and get this young un in for development then no problem. But development players I don’t see as the priority. I am still reeling at 35 m for Fabio
I have no idea but I would think it’s probably two different teams targeting the development and first team players

That makes no sense. If buying Coventry is something we think is a good thing we should do it regardless of any other deals

That makes no sense. If buying Coventry is something we think is a good thing we should do it regardless of any other deals
Pleading poverty and buying youth team players that may turn a profit looks like a terrible use of cash.

Disagree with TT our U23 recruitment and sales have been abysmal.

Pleading poverty and buying youth team players that may turn a profit looks like a terrible use of cash.

If buying Coventry stops us buying Botman I'd agree with you, but I don't think it would.

Buying players to either develop into 1st teamers or sell at a profit seems like an excellent use of cash to me.

Depends, we are just still waiting to see what comes of Marques, Lonwijk, Bueno, Corbeanu, Sondegaard, Scott. All recruited from 16-18, so always going to take a little longer to see benefits. Think Marques has a fantastic chance here personally.

Matheson is a good signing too for more money. Bolla also has a lot of potential from what I’ve seen and heard.

If we signed too many after 18 would potentially block the above mentioned’s pathways. We just look light at the top end of the pitch which I would agree is at the moment, an oversight. But then we have several out on loan, so who cares if the 23s do a bit worse because of that really.

Different approach to Leeds who’ve gone slightly older and got a ridiculously strong 23s side but time will tell how many of them actually play for Leeds in the league

Back