• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Just had a quick look at him.

Very similar profile to Jota. Plays off the left, can use both feet, busy/tenacious, not massively tall and a good dribbler.

You fishing for a new fans joke?

It can be both can't it?
No, it's a genuine question. We know Fosun have been looking for a player from the Far East to broaden the appeal. If he were Bulgarian for the sake of argument, would he be of interest?

No, it's a genuine question. We know Fosun have been looking for a player from the Far East to broaden the appeal. If he were Bulgarian for the sake of argument, would he be of interest?
I doubt they're looking for any old signing as long as he's Asian. He still has to fit the right profile and ability.

We are linked with a Dutch and Croatian player at the moment so country of birth isn't a key factor but will be a consideration or a bonus for the business/brand side of thinking. Don't think we quite in the area where the branding ops will be ahead of the teams requirements. (like Man Utd signing Ronaldo when they don't actually need him) and from the words from Bruno he wouldn't accept that anyway.
They would however bin all the above if they found a Chinese player with an ounce of talent.

We do know he's been scouted for quite some time, even before he moved to Leipzig. So they've seen something they like.

Now admittedly playing for Salzburg is not the most challenging thing as they're head and shoulders above most of the Austrian league. Minamino hasn't really done much of note since moving, as an easy comparison. And Hwang's had what on paper looks like 2 poor spells in Germany (albeit I think there's slight mitigating circumstances at Leipzig as Nagelsmann chopped and changed that team virtually every week)

Given it's just a loan at this point (I imagine with an option) it should hopefully work in our favour.

South Koreas biggest exports are to China. If he's a good player and helps with our profile in South Korea it's a win-win.

If he's rubbish it's a loan and an option by all accounts so we can politely decline.

Happy with Hwang. Versatile across the front. Yard of pace and technically very good. Very much like Son in regards to being a geniune finisher off either foot. If Bruno can get him back into form he's good enough to start regularly in the PL. Different option to what we have wide also as he's always looking to run inside to out.

Could give him a big signing on fee as a tempter without fucking the wage structure. He would absolutely be worth it.

At least it looks like it’s going to be the busy end of window we were promised.

Hwang is a done deal according to some on Twitter.

Option to buy is for €15m next summer. Flying in tomorrow for his medical.

Hwang is a done deal according to some on Twitter.
Have to presume Sky, who are doing the most reporting on it, have confirmed the stuff from Korean TV. They are essentially repeating the deal done and he is flying in for his medical they reported a few hours back.

Happy enough with Hwang, we’ve tracked him for a while too so they must think he’ll be a good fit.

Bloody love that we're signing a Korean player as I'm a Korean learner and my other half is Korean American! Heading to Seoul in October so maybe I'll wear my Wolves shirt and get "Hwang" on the back and see if I get any attention.

Last edited:
Back