• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Do we class HHC as a quality option?
Sorry meant to send this last night….
He’s obviously had his issues over the last 18 months, and only seen him a couple of times tbh, but a bit ‘Jotaesque’ and anyone who can put VVD on his backside has some ability, so time will tell how Bruno is able to reignite his spark.
Hopefully form will be temporary and class will be permanent, so a loan with option to buy is a pretty safe risk

Maybe it's because I'm naturally more of a pessimist.....
But as great as the Mendes link has been for Wolves, is there not the danger that just like he's been desperate to get the likes of Neves/Neto etc to the PL, he's then desperate to move them on to bigger clubs when they progress?

The rumours about the potential fee for Neves, seems stupidly low at around £40 million!
I see your thinking but Mendes wouldn't have got where he is with such short term thinking would he? it would make sense he's thinking of their next moves while they're at a club of our stature but would be reconciling that against their readiness for that move. Even with Ronaldo he (Mendes) was cultivating interest from United and Arsenal before the goliaths of Madrid.

I'd say Neves' journey will be similar to that of Maguires, when he goes it'll be to become first choice, his passing has already been more eye catching this season now he's not under instruction to hold hands with the defence and with the rest of the game that goes unnoticed by most Wolves fans much less the average Joe/pundit will gain fans this season and he'll go for much bigger money next season.

I see your thinking but Mendes wouldn't have got where he is with such short term thinking would he? it would make sense he's thinking of their next moves while they're at a club of our stature but would be reconciling that against their readiness for that move. Even with Ronaldo he (Mendes) was cultivating interest from United and Arsenal before the goliaths of Madrid.

I'd say Neves' journey will be similar to that of Maguires, when he goes it'll be to become first choice, his passing has already been more eye catching this season now he's not under instruction to hold hands with the defence and with the rest of the game that goes unnoticed by most Wolves fans much less the average Joe/pundit will gain fans this season and he'll go for much bigger money next season.

But the reports are that he could be available for £40 million!
Was Jota brought in by Mendes too? Because if so, combined with the fact he went for just £45 million, would be a worry to me.

Using Wolves as a feeder club to get his players into the PL, then move them on for below the fee they should demand, doesn't see like it's short term thinking.
I'd just worry, that from the outside at least, it feels as though Wolves are far more reliant on Mendes....Than Mendes is on Wolves.

And now he's looking to get Traore moved out too.

Was Jota brought in by Mendes too? Because if so, combined with the fact he went for just £45 million, would be a worry to me.

Using Wolves as a feeder club to get his players into the PL, then move them on for below the fee they should demand, doesn't see like it's short term thinking.
I'd just worry, that from the outside at least, it feels as though Wolves are far more reliant on Mendes....Than Mendes is on Wolves.

Depends how much you believe the 'reports' really.

Our chairman also owns 20% of Gestifute so I'd be surprised if Mendes would do us dirty.

The party line is we were happy with the Jota fee. We have also said that if anyone wants Adama they'll have to pay more than what Liverpool paid for Jota.

Players move on all the time. Why does it even matter that Mendes is involved in players moving to and from Wolves? At least we know what to expect from him and can assume that he won't be actively working against our interests. Transfer fees can also be taken with a pinch of salt, they are all manipulated to some extent by clubs and agents.

Fuck me, some spotty virgin studying Journalism at the University of Rotherham writes a load of bollocks on SportWitness or some other clickbait shower and its gospel.

You've been told why Jota went for the fee that he did. It was a reasonable fee for where the player was at, at that time. He had potential and suits Klopps Gegenpress, good luck to him.

Maybe it's because I'm naturally more of a pessimist.....
But as great as the Mendes link has been for Wolves, is there not the danger that just like he's been desperate to get the likes of Neves/Neto etc to the PL, he's then desperate to move them on to bigger clubs when they progress?

The rumours about the potential fee for Neves, seems stupidly low at around £40 million!
I'm still worried we will lose Neves in the next few days tbh....taking off my gold tinted specs for a moment 40 mill is probably about right atm

Is zouma the same level as Ramsdale?

I don't rate Ramsdale at all.....
But if a side rates him, like Arsenal clearly do, he's always going to be worth more than Zouma, given his age and the 'English tax'.

I'd just be questioning the ambition of Wolves's owners.....
Or the influence Mendes has.....
If Wolves are willing to let Neves goes for a fee of around £40 million, when someone like Brighton, would demand more for Bissouma, who is their teams equivalent.
Leeds would want more for Phillips, West Ham the same for Rice/Soucek, Leicester the same for Ndidi/Tielemans/Maddison etc etc.

£40m is nowhere near in a market where Ramsdale goes for £30m and White for £50m
I'd agree 40 is nowhere near.....to a Wolves fan, but if he does go, I'd be amazed if it was significantly more than that. I hope our valuation is 75 and it frightens other clubs off.
I think all football fans valuation of their best players is slightly out.
Of course no-one really knows what players go for, it's usually media/social media speculation

He'll stay this season absolutely smash it and then go next year for 60+.

The interviews in the Summer would suggest profit is how the ownership determine whether something is a good deal rather than value as such.

Where's this Neves stuff come from anyway?

I don't rate Ramsdale at all.....
But if a side rates him, like Arsenal clearly do, he's always going to be worth more than Zouma, given his age and the 'English tax'.

I'd just be questioning the ambition of Wolves's owners.....
Or the influence Mendes has.....
If Wolves are willing to let Neves goes for a fee of around £40 million, when someone like Brighton, would demand more for Bissouma, who is their teams equivalent.
Leeds would want more for Phillips, West Ham the same for Rice/Soucek, Leicester the same for Ndidi/Tielemans/Maddison etc etc.
You have to factor in the English levy for Phillips and Rice, probably 50%..personally I think Neves is at least as good as both those players.

You have to factor in the English levy for Phillips and Rice, probably 50%..personally I think Neves is at least as good as both those players.

I'm not saying he is, or isn't.

But those clubs wouldn't accept the kind of reported fees being rumoured in the media for Neves.
Just like Bissouma too.

I'm not saying he is, or isn't.

But those clubs wouldn't accept the kind of reported fees being rumoured in the media for Neves.
Just like Bissouma too.
I think I understand you.

You are criticising the club for a player sale that hasn’t happened for a fee that has been reported as a rumour.

You can keep on saying the same thing time after time or actually read the responses

I've listened to all the responses, and am replying directly to them.

I keep being told Neves is one of the best players in his position in this league.....
But the fee Wolves, and fans, would take for him, is very low if that was true.

Not many sides in this league, would sell their better players for just £40 million.
Not sides with ambition, anyway.

Back