• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Being linked with Issa Diop
Looked very good for a while and was linked with big moves. He's the style of defender we need in terms of being able to play higher up the pitch with his pace and he's very good in the air , but as TT said, he's made a fair few howlers.

Go on, i'll bite ..................why ?
For no other reason than he was an absolute revalation for me on FM21 for my wolves team..

But seriously, there's a player in there with a decent cieling and he's done rather well in Portugal so far.

Podence, who I do like, hasn't cut the mustard for a while and can be hot and cold I guess. I'll re-assess the comment with Lageball etc as the arguement for our entire team being rank last season can be used. Injuries etc but let's see how we start

Marcus Edwards is one of those with all the ability in the world but just doesn’t have the attitude or mentality to do anything with it by all accounts. Not that I believe that nonsense rumour for a second anyway

We’ve apparently enquired about Martin Braithwaite.

Barcelona want €15m.

He was Barca's 2nd choice after they failed to get Jose.

So, hoping this is one of those fire out any old shit for some clicks links.

I am just going to take a wild guess and see if at any time this comes to pass.

Neves , Traore ,Moutinho,Mir , Cutrone all to go=110m

Paulinho Guedes to come in. -Team to be

Sa
Semedo Coady Boly RAN
Trincao Paulinho Dendonker Neto
Jimenez Guedes

Ruddy
MGW
Fabio
Saiss
Podence
Kilman
Hoever
Mosquera

You could then add two or three to the squad.

If we sell Neves, Adama and the others for £110m and only bring in Paulinho + Guedes then I can see Jeff Shi getting chased out of Wolverhampton with pitchforks.
Led by Bruno

In that scenario we've also 'saved' £20M by not taking the option on Vitinha

Trying to get Vinicius on loan (with the option to buy) but Benfica want cash sale at the moment.
Don’t get the criticism of Vinicius on here. He was hardly given a chance at Spurs and still managed 1 goal in every 2 games he played and he chipped in with a bunch of assists (IIRC). Had a good hit rate at Benfica before that.

At 26, he’s a good age - he walks in our side ahead of Fabio and I reckon he’d link well with Raul in a 442. For the right fee, I’d be happy with him.

Back