• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Ask our manager.

I would not say Caleta-Car is a "top player". He's ok but I'm sure we can do better.
How are you feeling about Lage now, DW?

You were really harsh about him before a ball had been kicked. Three games in, very early days and still a working progress, but just wondering where you’re at on him now? Same opinion or softened, slightly?

How are you feeling about Lage now, DW?

You were really harsh about him before a ball had been kicked. Three games in, very early days and still a working progress, but just wondering where you’re at on him now? Same opinion or softened, slightly?
I was undecided but prepared to give him time (not saying Dan wasn’t) but even I’ve been pleasantly surprised - no, very surprised - by him. The way he speaks about the game, his team being centred around analytics, his passion on the touch line - I really, really hope he is successful. Like really.

I’m just absolutely loving the attacking style. It’s been exhilarating. I foresee a couple of absolute tonkings on days it goes wrong, but equally we are going to hammer a few teams. I’m sold.

I more so worried it would take us a couple of months to bed in, or we would have another McCarthy/Solbakken transition where players loyal to the previous manager wouldn’t buy into the philosophies of the new one, but it’s great to see the progress so far.

Way, way too early to form a view. The difference in the way we play is obvious and to be applauded, but the reality is 0 goals and 0 points so far against 2 decent but not elite sides.

These first 3 games were always going to put a lot of pressure on the ones that followed. After those 4 games between the International breaks are when I think we can start to form an opinion

Rehash. With a slight change in tone using “love” rather than “like”. I’m not even remotely concerned. Without Kane moving Spurs don’t have the spare cash to do a deal that would meet our demands.
If Traore really wants to go then we should sell him, as long as the price is right obv

He is either not that bright, or he is being advised badly. Why go to a club with a manager that played you as a wing back on occasion and Plays ultra defensive football? And he will be an impact sub most likely.

Here he can play with an attack minded manager and enjoy his football a lot more than playing for Nuno

Unless it’s just the dosh, if that’s the case It says a lot about him

If Traore really wants to go then we should sell him, as long as the price is right obv

He is either not that bright, or he is being advised badly. Why go to a club with a manager that played you as a wing back on occasion and Plays ultra defensive football? And he will be an impact sub most likely.

Here he can play with an attack minded manager and enjoy his football a lot more than playing for Nuno

It says nothing about him really. It’s nonsense puffery. If Spurs meet what we want then maybe. Without selling super loyal Harry it won’t happen.

Sevilla will depend on whether Kounde goes by the sound of it.
and just seen the the Zouma to West Ham move is on the verge of collapsing (earlier it was reported he was having a medical but that looks like the usual SM rubbish).
Think Sevilla set a deadline of Friday for the Kounde deal to be sorted

You'd like to style would come into it, but I think that's romantic unless it's ostensibly a sideways move, which spurs clearly isn't. Bigger club, probably finish higher, more of a chance of getting close to a trophy, in London, and probably double his money.

and just seen the the Zouma to West Ham move is on the verge of collapsing (earlier it was reported he was having a medical but that looks like the usual SM rubbish).
Think Sevilla set a deadline of Friday for the Kounde deal to be sorted

My only thought is Botman will not be cheap…

Back