• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Is it just Shi, or is there a recruitment team? Either way we'd be better off using Pertemps

We have to laugh or we’ll cry. Worst of all, it’s so ridiculously predictable. I’m astounded there are still people out there (and there are a few on this board!) who believe what comes out of Shi/the clubs mouths. Full of shite, the lot of them.
Why don't you say it in every post then?? It's coming across more as "see I told you I was right Shi's a wanker, and I hate him, and he smells"

Yeah, as I say, it shouldn't all be directed at Shi. This is a club failing. If we sign 0-1 players.

Picking out individuals is missing the point.

Me too mate. A decent coach being hung out to dry
I’m sure when he took the job he didn’t think he’d have virtually no new players to work with. Honestly, he’s been completely shafted by the board, and sure as eggs is eggs he’s the one who’ll carry the can if he can’t make the current squad successful.

Yeah, as I say, it shouldn't all be directed at Shi. This is a club failing. If we sign 0-1 players.

It isn't if your point is I was right, you were all wrong Shi is the devil

You have to assume Jeff is the one making decisions about how much to pay for players. The responsibility will have been left at his door. I doubt Gao is on WhatsApp telling him what to bid.

People love a scapegoat tho it use to be Moxey in previous years now it’ll be Shi, it’s not through a lack of effort, ambition etc probably more a bit of nous.

The thing with dictatorships is all decisions are attributed to the dictator.

It just goes against Fosun's philosophy doesn't it?

His age, profile, lack of re sale value. Just why!?
Resale value not a big deal on the small outlay. Plus he will still have value in 4 years time as he’s got no pace to lose. 29 isn’t old anymore.

On a serious note on his ability. He honestly couldn’t have been any worse than Raul at the weekend and we no Fabio isn’t ready/good enough. So a stop gap not neccessarily a bad idea.

Trincao is an underrated piece of business.
I think Sundays game showed encouraging signs from him, but if you asked any Wolves fan if they thought he was going to be our most significant and important signing of the summer they would not be impressed. At all.

It would be really disappointing to come away empty handed today after the excitement yesterday.

I think because there is suspicion over Mendes' role and him running recruitment maybe people view the likes of Sellers as lame ducks so just go for the head of the snake.

Why don't you say it in every post then?? It's coming across more as "see I told you I was right Shi's a wanker, and I hate him, and he smells"
I use the number of posts that DW criticised the club for recruiting Bruno Lage in pre-season (hint: it was far more than I’ve mentioned Shi) as the benchmark.

Don’t seem to recall you picking Dan up for his constant criticism at the time. Funny that.

Absolute joke of a window.

Trincao is an underrated piece of business.
Agreed, and so is Mosquera and signing up Ait-Nouri. The problem is the manager has specifically asked for 3-4 top players, not squad players (his words). It hasn't happened, and it has continued to not happen for a few transfer windows now. We have a threadbare squad, and any injury to particularly midfield and we will really struggle...

Back