• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Imports from those leagues to MLS have largely uninspired… but he’ll get the benefit of the doubt from me.

So from reports on his transfer. Benfica, Milan, Man City & Man Utd all shown interest. Benfica met with the player.
Seems as though the player not overly keen on leaving River Plate until the end of the year though.

So maybe the only way to get this over the line is to loan him back to RP until after the World Cup

Imports from those leagues to MLS have largely uninspired… but he’ll get the benefit of the doubt from me.
Not just MLS.

Benfica fans have convinced themselves that this guy is the second coming of Eusébio but 2 summers ago they had the exact same wankfest over Everton Cebolinha and he's just gone back to the Brasileirão after being thoroughly average for 2 seasons.

Don't know anything about the player whatsoever obviously but surely there must be a bit more in it if a random Argentinian journalist has name checked Matt Hobbs 🤣 seems too random to be made up with that level of detail in it.

Yeah. If true I reckon we’re fairly set in terms of a fee it will be more a case of meeting the player and showing him where he fits in to the squad and the plan for him

I hate the transfer window in the internet and social media era it’s so dispiriting, I thought Palhinha was nailed on two weeks ago.
Much better in the old days when the first you knew about a new signing was when it was on the back of the E&S.

I like to imagine Hobbs being annoyed at Jeff and Scott pissing around so he nicked the cheque book while they weren't looking and flew out there himself

Not just MLS.

Benfica fans have convinced themselves that this guy is the second coming of Eusébio but 2 summers ago they had the exact same wankfest over Everton Cebolinha and he's just gone back to the Brasileirão after being thoroughly average for 2 seasons.
To be fair, Cebolinha never quite clicked. He's a decent footballer, but it just didn't work. That self sabotage in the UCL... Too bad Benfica lost a fair bit of money with this crap. He was part of the transfers done for money first, football second.

I haven't seen anything from Perez, so I wouldn't know if he's any good. I'm just hoping Benfica has since stopped making transfers to throw commission money around friends and mates. But I doubt it is the case.

I’ve only seen highlights when I’ve watched bits of the Copa Libertadores but he looked very good. Scored a few decent goals from range and dictated the tempo of the game, I’d be buzzing if we signed him.

I really don’t get invested in any rumours of new players, I’ll get invested when they’ve actually signed. Leads to some ridiculous assumptions and massively elevated blood pressure.

I really don’t get invested in any rumours of new players, I’ll get invested when they’ve actually signed. Leads to some ridiculous assumptions and massively elevated blood pressure.
My presumption is that any rumour is nothing more than a rumour until they’re holding up the shirt. Ever since the Scott Dann fiasco anything less isn’t worth getting your hopes up.

10 days is a long time in the transfer window to wait for someone to have a change of mind after sobering up and realising what he may have agreed to after one too many pina coladas!

Back