• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I know I'm being wildly optimistic but I think KJH going to psv will do him the world of good. Get him to grow up a bit and get his head right, some game time may well improve him too

Bring on the laughing emoji's

No with you, he was highly thought of and he has the attributes of a decent player, he just needs to sort the mental side out.

I know I'm being wildly optimistic but I think KJH going to psv will do him the world of good. Get him to grow up a bit and get his head right, some game time may well improve him too

Bring on the laughing emoji's

What is wrong with his head? Played a full game in a draw at home to the European Champions and then was put into hibernation for 2 months before his public humiliation at the hands of the manager.

What is wrong with his head? Played a full game in a draw at home to the European Champions and then was put into hibernation for 2 months before his public humiliation at the hands of the manager.
If the manager is to be believed he's been giving it the Billy big bollocks, I'm sure I also read he thought he should be pushing for a first team place

If the manager is to be believed he's been giving it the Billy big bollocks, I'm sure I also read he thought he should be pushing for a first team place
It wasn't the giving it the Billy big bollocks it was his general lack of desire in training and not preparing properly for the games.

Hoever did though come out with some odd comments on being told before he signed he would be first choice within in a season , which made no sense at all.

It wasn't the giving it the Billy big bollocks it was his general lack of desire in training and not preparing properly for the games.

Hoever did though come out with some odd comments on being told before he signed he would be first choice within in a season , which made no sense at all.
Alright, that's fair, he was giving it the larry lazy bollocks then.

If you believe the manager of course, who conveniently said it post a game where he'd picked the wrong team, formation and tactics and we'd been taken to the cleaners by a team in the lower half of the table

View attachment 5589
So it’s Lisbon or Wolverhampton, it seems.

I guess we’ll be painting a picture which shows he can not only earn more money here, but come straight in to the first team picture and the ambition will be to qualify for Europe next season.

Suppose it’s how well we sell that dream to him.
Benfica it is then

I spent the half my life in and around Wolverhampton and I’m only an hour away now and I’ve not missed many games for the best part of 50 years. I’ve been to Lisbon twice.

I’d choose Benfica every time.

If you hold any belief in the Nunes interest then stopping off to see him whilst there would make him feel wanted I'd imagine

If you hold any belief in the Nunes interest then stopping off to see him whilst there would make him feel wanted I'd imagine
On his hols?

Gabigol could certainly play in the inside right forward role or as a CF in a pair but he's never made a success of himself in Europe for whatever reason.

It might make sense to get players like Nunes, Barbosa and Enzo but I don't think we end up with any of them.

On his hols?

Gabigol could certainly play in the inside right forward role or as a CF in a pair but he's never made a success of himself in Europe for whatever reason.

It might make sense to get players like Nunes, Barbosa and Enzo but I don't think we end up with any of them.
I can see us signing Enzo as I don’t see Nunes coming here. Barbosa I agree with you, but for what he’d cost I imagine we’d need to sell one of the forwards too (adama I suppose?)

If Chiquinho ever starts as a wing back Lage should be sacked before ko!

Why? He’s much more suited to play there than as an inside forward. His delivery is excellent and he has shown he can deliver from deep or the byline. From an attacking pov I don’t see much of an issue. He also gets up and down and isn’t afraid to stick a foot in. I don’t really see a downside bar positioning defensively?

it’s the hope that kills you in the end isn’t it?

I can see us signing Enzo as I don’t see Nunes coming here. Barbosa I agree with you, but for what he’d cost I imagine we’d need to sell one of the forwards too (adama I suppose?)
I don't think the Enzo or Matheus deals rely on each other (we're not getting Matheus regardless), they're different types of midfielder. From what I gather Enzo is very much a #10 whereas Matheus can play at #6 or #8.

I don't think the Enzo or Matheus deals rely on each other (we're not getting Matheus regardless), they're different types of midfielder. From what I gather Enzo is very much a #10 whereas Matheus can play at #6 or #8.
If we were to sign Enzo and Nunes (although I think Nico is more likely) and Barbosa we'd have to go 4-3-3 and change to a Gegenpress.

Anything else would be a complete waste.

If we were to sign Enzo and Nunes (although I think Nico is more likely) and Barbosa we'd have to go 4-3-3 and change to a Gegenpress.

Anything else would be a complete waste.
Yeah pretty much. Again, I don't know a lot about Enzo, but the impression I get is that you wouldn't really get away with playing him as a central midfielder in a 3-4-3 so if we're willing to spend that much on him it would suggest a move to a 3 man midfield.

I’d just be surprised if we spent nearly 60m on the two. We’d have to be selling Ruben and then signing a DM

Back