• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I’d just be surprised if we spent nearly 60m on the two. We’d have to be selling Ruben and then signing a DM
I think that will happen tbf, not that we spend £60M on Enzo & Matheus, that we sell Neves and buy a different more defensive midfielder. I don't think we'll get Nico like Johnny suggested though, I think Neves will end up at United and having missed the chance to sign Palhinha we'll go for our 2nd choice of Al-Musrati from Braga.

Flamengo have just signed a forward havent they… (as mentioned, it’s the hope that kills you)

Surely that’s bollocks on Barbosa?!

Out of all the names we’ve been linked with he would be the most exciting. His goal scoring record is ridiculous and he’s probably still got his best years ahead of him.

Can’t see a Brazil international signing for us, mind 😂
Excited to see him link up with Moore.

Surely that’s bollocks on Barbosa?!

Out of all the names we’ve been linked with he would be the most exciting. His goal scoring record is ridiculous and he’s probably still got his best years ahead of him.

Can’t see a Brazil international signing for us, mind 😂
Fred keeps Fabinho out that Brazil team.

Seems that miracles do happen over there, after all.

I’ll give Jeff some credit in that the recent links, regardless of how unlikely they are to sign, are far more exciting than us being linked with the likes of the previously mentioned Kieffer Moore.

Why? He’s much more suited to play there than as an inside forward. His delivery is excellent and he has shown he can deliver from deep or the byline. From an attacking pov I don’t see much of an issue. He also gets up and down and isn’t afraid to stick a foot in. I don’t really see a downside bar positioning defensively?
I don’t think it’s a very good idea playing a player that has spent his career as a forward/winger out of position in the toughest league in the world.

I don’t think it’s a very good idea playing a player that has spent his career as a forward/winger out of position in the toughest league in the world.

Does work if the player has the right attributes for the other position though. Stephen Ward as an example for us, Thierry Henry was a left winger at Monaco.

Is there any evidence he can tackle, track a run, read danger, defend the back post? It's just a silly idea apart from in an emergency. There's an argument that wing back is our most important position in a 343. Besides that I hope the 3 is binned next year

Back