• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Osorio, Almeida and Ramos if I were a betting man (I'm not).

Last edited:
Osorio, Almeida and Ramos if I were a being man (I'm not).
We're not getting Ramos unfortunately.

I know nothing about Osorio, if I trusted our recruitment more then maybe I'd get more excited about it. Almeida... Meh.

Have you been abducted by aliens over the weekend? See Traore to Barcelona for exactly how stupid they really, really are.

I do think we'll get a couple more in, I just don't see much additional up front spend without a sale

I am taking diazapam for back spasms so there might be your answer!

Give me 2 quality starters over 4 'bodies' no point signing players who won't get in the side, just reduces the quality of the group.

Plenty said that when we signed Neto.

It’s looking more likely the message I got last week is pretty believable. In that he said we’d sign a defender and striker for the first team - Collins is in already and we’ve left Fabio sitting at home on his arse while the rest of them are in Spain (to me this seems stupid if a forward isn’t close or if they’re not confident)

The message did say we’d sign a few for the under 23’s, but don’t be surprised if no first choice midfielder comes in - stupid as that will be.

Edit: just seen the news that Fabio is off on loan tomorrow, so maybe the new striker isn’t far off.

don’t be surprised if no first choice midfielder comes in - stupid as that will be.
It's OK Wolves twitter has decided Coady can go back in midfield..

It's OK Wolves twitter has decided Coady can go back in midfield..
I saw that 😂

Reading the reports of how we’ve shaped up in training so far, MGW/Podence have been sharing that position in behind the striker (with whichever one isn’t playing there in a wide right role), so I guess they might be happy with Neves, Moutinho, Donk as the more defensive options and Cundle as back up - then MGW/Podence as the attacking options. If they throw 1-2 promising under 23’s in to the mix too, they may feel they’re well stocked. Obviously we’d all prefer us to sign Nunes, but I doubt we’re spending that much on a midfielder at this point.

Edit: just seen the news that Fabio is off on loan tomorrow, so maybe the new striker isn’t far off.
The 2 week delay on Fabio has been about him not agreeing to a 2 year extension and Wolves eventually climbing down. Throughout the last number of years, I think there's only Particio for Sa where move x has meant move y. I don't doubt we are looking for a forward, I don't think this necessarily means he's around the corner though

The 2 week delay on Fabio has been about him not agreeing to a 2 year extension and Wolves eventually climbing down. Throughout the last number of years, I think there's only Particio for Sa where move x has meant move y. I don't doubt we are looking for a forward, I don't think this necessarily means he's around the corner though
Maybe. But the news broke about his agreed loan a couple of weeks ago, as you say. I can’t help but think we’ve delayed it as insurance in case a deal didn’t come off elsewhere.

I appreciate we stupidly went in to last season with only three senior central midfield options. Surely even Jeff & co aren’t stupid enough to go in to a full season of PL football with one senior striker. Wouldn’t put anything past them, mind.

Douglas out and Jonny in were very close together

There'll be one in before the week's out. I'm hoping for Broja, or Ramos. Probably more likely Barbosa, as he's experienced but won't be expecting to start every game

We’ve got an option of an extra year tbf so they basically got what they wanted

A quote on Gabigol from Tim Vickery - “He’s 25 already, he had one go already in Europe with Inter Milan and Benfica, and it was an absolute disaster. People spoke very badly of him, if he was chocolate he would eat himself, he swanned around like he was Pretty Boy Floyd."🤣

Back