• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Bolla or Giles are more than able options behind Jonny, Semedo and RAN if we're carrying on with this style of system.. I've got a horrible feeling that we're going to sign Marcal up for another season though.

If Fosun want us to be a top 4/6 side then they have to put money into getting better players who can get us there.
If they don't want to ,then put the club up for sale. I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of interest.

Well this is depressing, Moutinho, Saiss, Neves and Semedo all to be sold/released according to a fair few on this thread.

I may be being painfully optimistic, but i just can't see it.

If Fosun want us to be a top 4/6 side then they have to put money into getting better players who can get us there.
If they don't want to ,then put the club up for sale. I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of interest.
The number of potential buyers shrank significantly the moment Russia invaded Ukraine. Given UAE and Saudi Arabia effectively own teams maybe Kuwait could step up or perhaps Qatar need a PL presence. The sad fact is the only way we’ll break top six is with significant external investment at a level well beyond most individuals. The Americans buying PL teams seem to treat it as an investment rather than a vanity project so I’m not convinced the number of buyers who could take us up the league is very big, especially as the big clubs now have made rules that make putting money in very difficult.

is
It’s clear we need a CM and that’s if the current ones all stay. If money is tight we might need to wheel and deal and with Jonny back and fit I’d be tempted to see if anyone would pay good money for Semedo if it enables us to strengthen the starting eleven. The only problem would be it leaves Hoever as our cover at RB/RWB but we could loan him and bring in a serviceable option for a lot less than we’d get for Semedo, thereby freeing funds for positions where a couple of signings could really improve us.
[/QUOTE

Would be madness to sell Semedo imo, WB is one of the positions we have good options and cover with him, Jonny and RAN, although I'm a bit concerned about Ait-Nouri, why is he behind Marcal now?

In an ideal world it would be great having a back up of the quality of Semedo, but if, and I accept it’s a big if, his sale allowed us to strengthen the starting XI it should not be dismissed out of hand.

It doesn't need hundreds of millions to break into the top 6. We've had two good chances in the last 3 years, and £40-50m would have made all the difference, but the board didn't want it enough. There will always be one or two of the big six in crisis, the chances are there if you're bold enough. A couple of years in there out of four will make you so much more attractive

It doesn't need hundreds of millions to break into the top 6. We've had two good chances in the last 3 years, and £40-50m would have made all the difference, but the board didn't want it enough. There will always be one or two of the big six in crisis, the chances are there if you're bold enough. A couple of years in there out of four will make you so much more attractive
Yep, it feels like Shit and Sellars would rather be on the outside looking in able to wank one another off, than take a small gamble (and it wouldn't be a gamble if it was a young player with promise).

Edit "Shit" was a typo, but i'm not changing it...

We should have actually finished 6th in 19/20, we were just pretty unlucky not to.
Yes, without Covid, I think we would have done with Spurs being Kaneless. I do think we were better off missing out though. Imagine last season with all the injuries, players running on empty and then EL games thrown in there as well

So we were shit for not getting anywhere near the European places but thank fuck we didn't?

That's why it was a question. Thanks for answering.

We are stacked with keepers through all levels. I'd rather we concentrate on player positions we actually need ffs.
Signing a 17 year old keeper isn't going to have an impact on what we do elsewhere in the squad. That said it does need a purge. We have something like 8/9 professional keepers

Back