• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

As Kenny says though, everyone is for sale. That's the model rightly or wrongly
Not if they say he's not. That is a possible scenario, particularly if the club and player don't want it. Obviously i don't know this for sure, but the signs are good from here. Jota i don't know the in's and outs of, so i can't comment on that.
Like i said 4 weeks ago then it is what it is. 2 days before the first game it would be massively unsettling for the whole club. As stupid as things have got transfer wise at the club i can't see them doing this.

Not if they say he's not. That is a possible scenario, particularly if the club and player don't want it. Obviously i don't know this for sure, but the signs are good from here. Jota i don't know the in's and outs of, so i can't comment on that.
Like i said 4 weeks ago then it is what it is. 2 days before the first game it would be massively unsettling for the whole club. As stupid as things have got transfer wise at the club i can't see them doing this.
But we aren’t there, doesn’t really matter what you want it to be. If someone offered £30m for Nathan Collins we'd sell him tomorrow. That's the way they think

But we aren’t there, doesn’t really matter what you want it to be. If someone offered £30m for Nathan Collins we'd sell him tomorrow. That's the way they think
You are just guessing, unless you are Guo or Jeff Shi.

This is it, in a nutshell for me.

£30m, in isolation, who is totally unproven at the top level is madness in every sense of the word. Anyone outside of our club would, understandably, think it was a no brainer to let him go.
Conversely, he absolutely tore up the Championship last season and £30m for an outstanding Championship player is more or less market rate - as demonstrated by Ollie Watkins' transfer to Villa. So perhaps not such a no brainer after all....

Seems to me that forest are releasing stuff to the press to unsettle the player as everything reported is from their side whilst our end say we don't want to sell.

Seems to me that forest are releasing stuff to the press to unsettle the player as everything reported is from their side whilst our end say we don't want to sell.
I'm sure we don't want to sell but it all depends on what the player wants tbh. If they hadn't had any indication that a deal could be done why do they keep coming back and have reportedly made 3 bids? Makes no sense.

How convenient. You do alter your arguments as you go along. How does Zaha fit into that then?

I altered nothing, I started off with the comment that there are a few who are off limits, I'd put Kane in that bracket because Spurs don't really need the money, he's too important to what's a largely average team behind him and there's no chance they'd get a like for like replacement.

Palace would accept big money for Zaha but who's going to make that offer? He's flopped at a big club before.

I altered nothing, I started off with the comment that there are a few who are off limits, I'd put Kane in that bracket because Spurs don't really need the money, he's too important to what's a largely average team behind him and there's no chance they'd get a like for like replacement.

Palace would accept big money for Zaha but who's going to make that offer? He's flopped at a big club before.

Keep up with the times, Palace aren't the same team they were three years ago. Zaha isn't as important to them now as he was then.
So he was one of the handful of players who couldn’t be bought in 2019? That's Palace who finished 12th, almost like you make it up as you go along

I'm sure we don't want to sell but it all depends on what the player wants tbh. If they hadn't had any indication that a deal could be done why do they keep coming back and have reportedly made 3 bids? Makes no sense.

He's probably open to it, everything I've seen is he wants to play football and if wolves do play him he'll sign a contract. What are we expecting him to do, refuse to move for a big fee (suggesting a lot of playing time) and a big jump in earnings.

Back