• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I don’t think we are sell to buy at all. That’s a complete lie.
That's how we are operating and have done for 3 seasons.

It's a choice of Jeff and Fosun. A fucking wank one when we don't need to do it. Like our only revenue stream is buying and selling players and not the £120m+ we get in TV rights.

Fosun are parasites.

That's how we are operating and have done for 3 seasons.

It's a choice of Jeff and Fosun. A fucking wank one when we don't need to do it. Like our only revenue stream is buying and selling players and not the £120m+ we get in TV rights.

Fosun are parasites.
That’s what I mean. There is no financial sell to buy need. It’s a conscious decision by these owners.

It’ll become even more depressing if/when we go through the same process with Neves in a couple of weeks time.

It's mad how forest's continued interest in MGW means that they must be getting encouragement from somewhere that makes it inevitable, whereas when we do it we're wasting time on unobtainable players.

He'll want more than anything to be an important and valued player at the club he's been at since he was 8. The signs are promising that that will happen. Once it's confirmed, and he's starting every week and performing well, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll sign a bumper new deal. You can't blame the lad for wanting to ensure that the rhetoric is matched by football

Didn’t get you ready made PL players for that though and they have been the massive successes.

It also gets you a Cutrone and a Hwang. A Trincao on loan, a Jordao and a Hoever.

Forwards are typically the most expensive players. It would need to be a player who we were confident was going to give us at least a 6/10 straightaway, given we actually have no one else.

Gibbs white isn't a ready made PL player either, infact the only available evidence is that he wasn't one when he played last time. That may have changed but it's just as much a gamble as a new signing.

Gibbs white isn't a ready made PL player either, infact the only available evidence is that he wasn't one when he played last time. That may have changed but it's just as much a gamble as a new signing.
I saw him look just as good as the others in pre season. I was also only asking for 6/10

He’s in our first XI on merit, so we obviously as a club think he is. So we need to be signing someone who is going to walk into the team and perform. Odds on a £15m player hitting the ground running immediately slim. Odds on them being good in 6-12 months, 50/50 (and also no use to us when we need it now). Think I’ll stick with what I’ve got at those odds.

Lot riding on MGW one way or another this season. Most, including the club at this point, seem to be staking a fair bit on him stepping up and seamlessly carrying across last year's from into this.

All goes well then he could possibly have a big impact on the teams fortunes but if it doesn't then not only are you suffering this season but you've also then missed your best opportunity to use him as a cash cow and improve the team in lieu of him to some extent.

Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reactions: b3h
In a vacuum £30m for MGW would be good business. That kind of money for any player who has shown flashes but nothing more at PL would be. If Sheff U were selling him for that from the Championship based on last season then it would look a bonkers fee, but in reality that's what it is, coupled with Cooper's belief. His first touch can be suspect and he lacks a yard of pace which without either I don't think he'll become elite imo.

All that said
It's the eve of the season and he is indisputably in our first 11
His creativity is key to the fluid front 3/4 working, there isn't an alterntaive that would make it work. You are dropping straight to Hwang and Traore, one who can't control the ball and the other who watches it.
I have no faith at all in our recruitment. To get someone at a similar level is unlikely and if so it would be for similar money. Much more likely a young player with potential or someone from another league who could take time to settle.

For me the juice isn't worth the squeeze, unless he is being an arse and demanding the move, which there isn't any reporting to say he is.

Players are out there, Palace got both Eze and Olise for the price MGW is being touted for and they both looked more polished to me.

Either way is a gamble, for me sticking with MGW is all the eggs in one basket, if he doesn't work out then you haven't got a good enough player and you'll never get the money you could get now. If you sold him you could spread they risk across 2 or 3 players, maybe they all flop, maybe they all succeed, maybe mix. Not seen Wolves looking like that back the latter approach though where it appears to be more of a 1 in 1 out tactic which doesn't leave much margin for error when you've having to hope every signing is an upgrade.

Wee Liam says we've turned down another bid for MGW. Just not for sale.

Forest could be going down a Hoddle/Idiakez road here.

I saw him look just as good as the others in pre season. I was also only asking for 6/10

He’s in our first XI on merit, so we obviously as a club think he is. So we need to be signing someone who is going to walk into the team and perform. Odds on a £15m player hitting the ground running immediately slim. Odds on them being good in 6-12 months, 50/50 (and also no use to us when we need it now). Think I’ll stick with what I’ve got at those odds.

That's fair enough, I rate MGW personally so I wouldn't disagree with anything you say here, however it's only opinion based. I'm just saying there's similar risk in selling him and bringing a player in, as rejecting it.

West Ham supposedly sniffing around Coady now too.

Onana is going to Everton for a colossal fee and colossal wages.

Unless Coady gets told by Bruno you are not in my plans, then the sort of person Coady is means he will fight for his place.

West Ham supposedly sniffing around Coady now too.

Onana is going to Everton for a colossal fee and colossal wages.
Yeah, recently spent £20m on McNeil. I think even with the Richarlison sale they had nothing to spend?!

Back