• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

He's a clever enough bloke to know that the writing is on the wall for him, and he'll be desperate to play with the world cup so close
For a bloke that openingly states his love for the club and to be blessed to be here will he trot off at the first sign of trouble...

Yep the World Cup is the game changer. Even if it were next Summer I think he'd look to fight for his place, but not when it's in November. Rumours of a loan are ridiculous though, that benefits Everton and him, but not Wolves

I'm not saying I agree with this but the club may be willing to loan Coady out because it's a decent thing to do for Coady.

Although I suppose it enhances our reputation as a club who wont stand in the way of players ambitions / gets bent over (delete as appropriate)

I'm not saying I agree with this but the club may be willing to loan Coady out because it's a decent thing to do for Coady.

Although I suppose it enhances our reputation as a club who wont stand in the way of players ambitions / gets bent over (delete as appropriate)
I get that thinking, but we aren't a charity. Not standing in his way or pricing him out of a move is one thing, letting him go on loan another, unless it comes with an obligation

One of those occasions where I've wanted Coady to move on for a while but the closer it gets the less I want it to happen.

I think honestly the brave decision is to let him go now and treat it as a clean break going into the new formation. Almost as if you're removing that safety net of regressing back into that slow, safe, deep football that we all want to move away from.

If he does go I hope it's after the fans have had a chance to give him a send off though. I've not watched a Wolves player more deserving of a full standing ovation since Steve Bull.

My only issue with Coady leaving is who are Collins and Kilman's backups. Boly, Gomes and Mosquera?

I'm not ok with that.

Ruddy
Doherty (spit)
Bennett
(Coady)
Douglas
Saiss
Big Alf
Cavaleiro
Costa
Bonatini/Afobe
Jota
Batth
Goalscoring hero Oskar Curtains

Boly (just about) and Neves the last ones standing from the promotion team. Which I suppose is the way it should be 4-5 years on, but still. Sad. Loved that team.

My only issue with Coady leaving is who are Collins and Kilman's backups. Boly, Gomes and Mosquera?

I'm not ok with that.
Boly is way more suited to a 4 than Coady. Toti and Yerson are both young and have the right attributes, they just need to develop.

In a normal world selling your 4th choice centre half when you have good options behind him wouldn't even be a question. It's just because of what a key part of our club he's become.

Even £25m seems like a good offer for someone unproven at PL level

I don't see why it would be if they play a 3

They'll play higher than Wolves, the whole team will be more open than Wolves, he'll be way more exposed even in a three than he ever has been for Wolves. Lampard hasn't got a clue how to make a team defensively sound.

I think Toti is fine as the fourth choice tbh, I like what he has to offer. Just a question of whether Boly is fit and can do it in the back four to be the next option. Mosquera could probably do with a loan mind you.

Gomes and Mosquera are still pretty unproven imo, but at some point they have to play, or no point having them
Yet people are raging that our only midfield backup is Cundle and maybe MGW.

Plus let's not forget the Kilman/Collins partnership is brand new and untested in competitive games. What if they suck? We just chuck Boly in instead and hope for the best?

Back