• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

It's £38m for Nunes (€45m).

£98m in total. Vinagre leaving and Cody's loan fee should offset that a bit.
Exchange rate is 1.19 Euro so 45m Euro is around £40m. SSN quoting it as £42m but that includes the add-ons naturally as they like the figure as big as possible.

I do wonder where that puts us in terms of total spend in the Premier League?

Chelsea have spent the GDP of a small country, but Man City have actually (through the books at least) spent very little except the Haaland deal. Spurs have spent a lot. Arsenal have been reasonably busy. United have done very little at all. Liverpool have done Darwin the nutter and I think that is it so far?

After all this time, I can't believe we're actually going to have A NEW MIDFIELDER

So is this likely to be a Nunes-Neves-Moutinho midfield three do we think when Joao is fit? Or is Nunes Joao's replacement?

Just wondering where this leaves MGW unless Bruno sees him either side of the striker: in which case that part of the team is pretty oversubscribed now with Traore, MGW, Podence, Neto, Guedes and Hwang.

So is this likely to be a Nunes-Neves-Moutinho midfield three do we think when Joao is fit? Or is Nunes Joao's replacement?

Just wondering where this leaves MGW unless Bruno sees him either side of the striker: in which case that part of the team is pretty oversubscribed now with Traore, MGW, Podence, Neto, Guedes and Hwang.

Neves/Nunes in a two has everything you'd want in a double pivot too, so the 4231 is definitely still an option. Fuck me, we have OPTIONS

Someone has to go surely. Hopefully we do an Afobe on Hwang!

Someone has to go surely. Hopefully we do an Afobe on Hwang!

It'll probably be Adama to Leeds or similar, maybe.
Good.

A week and a half ago we couldn't make a sub. 4 days ago we could make a couple

We can finally use our bench for something other than a Day Care Centre for the U21 squad.

Definitely not complaining! It's just we haven't had a big squad for years and usually have two players per position, so someone must be making way.

I wonder if we could see Donk move on, he's basically 4th choice now. £15m for him, then £10-15m for one of Podence/Hwang/Adama, then £40m on Ramos and we've completely revolutionised the playing squad, and future proofed it, for c£100m

So anyone available for the following jobs please

1) Track all flights from Lisbon and find out which one Nunes is on
2) Climb a tree at Compton and take a blurry picture of what we can all agree is a man in a Wolves kit

Exchange rate is 1.19 Euro so 45m Euro is around £40m. SSN quoting it as £42m but that includes the add-ons naturally as they like the figure as big as possible.

I do wonder where that puts us in terms of total spend in the Premier League?

Chelsea have spent the GDP of a small country, but Man City have actually (through the books at least) spent very little except the Haaland deal. Spurs have spent a lot. Arsenal have been reasonably busy. United have done very little at all. Liverpool have done Darwin the nutter and I think that is it so far?
Sky's £42m is what €50m equals.

€45m is £37.94m on today's rate.

Screenshot_2022-08-16-08-56-01-104_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Forest seem to have signed another full squad of players since we rejected their last bid for MGW; but *if* they’re still in for him and come back with anything approaching £38-40m, I think we’ll take it.

The other obvious candidate to go is Adama if we can get circa £20m from someone I think he goes.

I wonder if we could see Donk move on, he's basically 4th choice now. £15m for him, then £10-15m for one of Podence/Hwang/Adama, then £40m on Ramos and we've completely revolutionised the playing squad, and future proofed it, for c£100m
I think if Donck was thought as an option to leave in case of an arrival then Cundle would have got some minutes v Leeds and Fulham from the bench.
So more than likely its Cundle off on loan, Ronan given a train ticket to Scotland and Donck 4th choice.

That's also a possibility. I can't see it being Podence or Hwang, and if Adama stayed he would very much be a bench option I think. He's never really hit the ground running under Bruno and doesn't suit that 'keep possession' style really.

Not a chance. 4th choice in a 3 man midfield!

We've all been screaming that three senior midfielders isn't enough, and now we've got another you want to sell one?!!

Back