• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

This doesn’t quite beat signing Neves in the Champo for me but it’s very fucking close.

There's def an argument that it might. We got Ruben for an absurd price at a time when he wasn't playing regularly.

This is on a different level to that, IMO.

He still needs an actual outright forward to gel everything together.

Undoubtedly, but we are getting near 100m of spending this summer. He's being backed like people have screamed for and he needs to walk to walk now with attacking, exciting football that delivers goals and points. If he doesn't do that in the next 5/6 games then he should be bang in trouble.

I know its greedy but I'd still like to see a striker come in. I would imagine if we do it will be a loan. We wouldn't spend big on a striker after what we've spent on Collins, Guedes and Nunes.....would we?

Undoubtedly, but we are getting near 100m of spending this summer. He's being backed like people have screamed for and he needs to walk to walk now with attacking, exciting football that delivers goals and points. If he doesn't do that in the next 5/6 games then he should be bang in trouble.
With Hwang I make it £100m plus

£12m Hwang
£20.5m Collins
£27.5m Guedes
£45m (assuming exchange rate is about there) Nunes

Bang on £105m

I know its greedy but I'd still like to see a striker come in. I would imagine if we do it will be a loan. We wouldn't spend big on a striker after what we've spent on Collins, Guedes and Nunes.....would we?
I would say a striker will be coming. Lage's comments after the game seemed to indicate they were working on targets in that position.

SSN going with story in their most condescending way possible. Even referring to us as fucking Birmingham.

Ah, poor petals obvs got the inside line he was going to their pets at West Ham.

Thing is, we do really need one. If we take this window in isolation, we had 4 priorities - a centre back that can make us play in a 4, a genuine #8, a versatile forward with actual end product, and a proper centre forward to compete with Raul. They've actually got 75% of that, and all good money on good players. Maybe they've actually got a bit of mojo back after the last few years of malaise

The one saving grace for Lage was he hadn’t been backed, and hadn’t been able to get the players in he wanted to play ‘his style’.

That safety jacket has well and truly gone now (assuming a striker comes in as well). Most definitely sink or swim time

Ridiculous signing. Absolutely ridiculous.

Seems like a lot of money but if this guy hits the ground running we're going to have the biggest clubs in the world throwing money at us for him soon enough.

With Hwang I make it £100m plus

£12m Hwang
£20.5m Collins
£27.5m Guedes
£45m (assuming exchange rate is about there) Nunes

Bang on £105m
It's £38m for Nunes (€45m).

£98m in total. Vinagre leaving and Cody's loan fee should offset that a bit.

I would say a striker will be coming. Lage's comments after the game seemed to indicate they were working on targets in that position.
If we do get in a half decent striker, Lage will be under immense pressure. Will he step up to the plate or will he crumble?

Cracking signing. I'd be surprised if we got a striker to be honest: we still have Jimenez to come back and Fabs is doing well at Anderlecht. A loan would make the most sense to me as then we won't be over-subscribed with strikers next year..

Back